HELP! My computer is OverHeating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heellooo... i posted something about my computer rebooting itself because it was overheating (The Bios said that the "SYSTEM HAD TO REBOOT ITSELF BECAUSE THE CPU WAS OVERHEATING") but now its rebooting itself again with no warning (this time i dont think its the CPU) ..

Using SPEEDFAN i got this temps : CPU 49 (OK) , AMBIENT 50 (HOT) , REMOTE 90 (HOT, WHAT IS THIS THING? .. is it my video card?) , Hdd0 53 (HOT) , Hdd1 52(HOT) ...this are all in celcius

Here are my specs... Pentium D 2.8ghz , 1GB RAM , Jetway X1950 PRO , WINDOWS XP SP2...

My videocard is the newest part of my pc , it's a month old... besides some performances issues (mostly because of my RAM) i haven't troubles with artifacts or heating... One thing , it doesn't support ATI OVERDRIVE , so i have no way of getting TEMPERATURE ( i don't think it has temperatures diodes either) ...

MY systems is now randomly rebooting (with a quick BSOD flash). the last time it rebooted itself i noticed that the REMOTE temp when to a 100 degrees.. But i have no idea what the remote is (again could this my video card?)

I followed your advice and opened the case... I also my BIOS to check my MOBO temperatures... It's weird -- instead of showing the remote temp in the 90's like speed fan , it shows my CPU temp in the 91 , while remote is in low 50's... WTF is going on?

No a friend of mine did(1 year and a half ago)... but i don't think a cpu could last this long running at those temp...

if it were me, i'd be investigating the thermal compound and seeing if there's a crap lot of dust stopping up an intake or slowing a fan down.

the thermal compound may need replacement, or reapplication. or your fans are so laden with dust that they aren't able to get to full speed anymore, and aren't efficiently cooling the system. or maybe a vent is clogged or doesn't have sufficient airflow.

but since you opened the case, i doubt there are any clogs.

but still...check the fans and the thermal grease. make sure all of that is in working order.

my computer rebooted itself for the second time... said "CPU had to shutdown itself due to thermal overheating".. it didn't said it was the CPU itself , just that something was overheating--

So do what link590o suggested... You might have to get your friend to do it for you.

One thing to check is the bios controlled shutdown temps. They may be set too low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back