HELP!! my Computer Will NOT TURN ON, NEED URGENT HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoWPrvteSrvrGM

HELP!! My computer will NOT turn on i need urgent help because i run a World of Warcraft Server and I run it off of my PC. Here the Thing, For about 2 weeks now, my PC will reset itself when im doing nothing, I shrugged it off because it didnt seem that important. Before this two weeks i had replaces the PSU becauseit had died ( i did the Paperclip test). With my new PSU (raidmax ATX 12v power supply) it worked pretty good despite the Resets, but it shut down once before and i couldnt get it to boot. See my PC is custom so it doesnt have a Power "button" just the Switch on the PSU. So i flip the swtch to off, then back to on and the LED's flash and the Fans do a spin but more like a "recoil" spin than anything (backwards about 1 inch then forwars 1.5 inch) then nothing. My friend came over and Tightened up the Connections and it turned on, it worked like that for about 3 days... Then a power line fell near my house and i lost power while it was on, Now its doing the same thing Lights flash, fans "recoil" I checked the PSU, Still working... I changed to my spare Video Card, and switched MOtherboards, Its still not working, Some one any one who knows how to fix this, PLZ HELP ME!

of course you tested the PSU with a tester and multimeter right?

You system was also protected with an UPS right?

Likely problems that need checking: CPU fan, power supply, dirt or hair in the cooling system of either, defective component in a pci slot, defective video graphics card, bad hard drive, or optical drive... basically anything that uses electricity or switches should be suspect.. Some infestations can be a cause, rarely.

But we really need to know the brand, model, and age of your computer to get into details.

If your computer has a floppy disk, try to boot to an MS-DOS or Windows 98 floppy with the hard drive and optical drives disconnected.

With just floppy drive and memory, do the fan blades turn 1/4 to 3 turns in the power supply then quit.

I would suspect memory, hard drive, and video graphics because they are the first victims of intensive gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back