HELP!!! My computer wont power on!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
all right I have two computers in my home and I just got verizon Broadband installed on one. Now the other one wont turn on but there is light blinking on back. the ethernet light slot is also blinking on back too. what can i do?

Was anything done to the non working computer recently, like adding a new component? Check all connections and plugs to and in the computer. Do you hear fans spinning when you turn it on?

nothing was done to the non working computer. no i dont hear any fans but the light blinking thats all. I think the power suppy went dead or something. maybe because of lightning in florida (guessing). but i have a surge protector for that. I also tried to plug it into a wall outlet but nothing works. I'm about to open it up and dissconnect the power supply and reconnect one by one. what else do you think i should do?

it was'nt the motherboard but i changed the power supply with my old compaq CPU's power supply which was 6 years old and its working now lol. something told me to keep that old thang around i hope it lasts. thanks fastco 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back