HELP..My new C2duo E6400 is runnig slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer~freak~

Hi i recently built a new Core 2 duo system and ever since i first hit the power button on my case its runs slow and my friend has a core 2 duo E6400 and it runs nicely.And he only has 512mb of ram basilcly he built his on a super small budget and i buit mine on no budget (thx to my parents bank account) anyways plz post suggestions you have my system is a:

Mobo:Gigabyte Ga-956P-DQ6
Processor:Core 2 Duo E6400
Ram/Memory:OCZ 800mhz 1gb x2 512mb (running in dual channel)

What make and wattage is your psu and how many amps does it have on the 12 volt rail??
(all the required information will be on the sticker on the side of it)

all i know about the power supply is it is a 500wat ultra x connect i would read the sticker but that would mean taking out my power supply and for that id have to take my mobo out of the case agian

Without more information its impossible to tell if your psu is up to the job or not.

295wats were recromended so i think my 500wat power supply is good enough and also the model of psu im using is 500wats constinstintly unlike some power supplys that only hit 500wats at its peak

There is no such psu that will consistantly give 500watts. The psu will supply what the system needs upto the maximum rating.

Even the most expensive psu's are no more than 95% ish efficient.

It looks likely that the psu is not the cause then (unless it's faulty).

We need more info about your system.
What graphics card do you have and is it built in?
Have you updated ALL your drivers?
What software do you protect your pc with?

Computer~freak~ said:
Hi i recently built a new Core 2 duo system and ever since i first hit the power button on my case its runs slow and my friend has a core 2 duo E6400 and it runs nicely.And he only has 512mb of ram basilcly he built his on a super small budget and i buit mine on no budget (thx to my parents bank account) anyways plz post suggestions you have my system is a:

Mobo:Gigabyte Ga-956P-DQ6
Processor:Core 2 Duo E6400
Ram/Memory:OCZ 800mhz 1gb x2 512mb (running in dual channel)
Could you please define "slow"? As in, how do you know it's slow, what happens that tells you it's slow?

speaking generally, if your friend is a techie style, and he has less software compared to yours, even half RAM could result in faster speed. Depend on how you and your friend do it. just to make sure you determine that windows is 'clean'. Don;t tell me if your computer is slow if you;re having tons of software with lots of fragment.

Computer~freak~ said:
HELP..My new C2duo E6400 is runnig slow
as already mentioned, you need to be more specific about what you mean by "running slow".

the E6400 is one of the fastest CPUs available, unless your motherboard is clocking it down then that is not the problem. your system is only as good as it's weakest link (slowest component). the weakest link in your system (as in most) is likely to be your hard drive.

That doesn't mean that your hard drive is broken or too slow. if your hard drive is in good physical health, then it may be heavily fragmented. this would be likely if all you did was pull a hard drive from an old machine and stick it in the new one without formatting. being that it's a newly built system, you should have formatted your hard drive (or primary boot partition) and installed a clean copy of windows. if you didn't do that, then that's your problem right there ;)

Computer~freak~ said:
the model of psu im using is 500wats constinstintly unlike some power supplys that only hit 500wats at its peak
Ultra is not a high end PSU maker. they look pretty, but that is their only strong point. the x-connect 500 cannot provide a consistent 500w. that rating is indeed it's peak power output according to Ultra. (I seriously doubt that under normal operation conditons it could even provide 500w peak either, Ultra does not provide a spec sheet for that PSU (they put a "n/a" next to the spec sheet download section). That PSU will probably work just fine for the life of that machine, but don't be fooled by the 500w rating.

cheers :wave:

This might not be it but for what it's worth, that motherboard requires RAM that can run at 1.8V with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6. Actually, it's the Intel chipset on the motherboard that requires it. You didn't specify which OCZ model RAM you are using as there are several different ones using voltages up to 2.1V with none going lower than 1.9V and with some having lower timings.

BTW, your model is GA-965P-DQ6. Is the voltage adjusted in the BIOS?

Hello agian sorry i did not reply earlier but i was doing some reasearch and i came to this site on google and it said to reinstall windows xp so i did and for some odd reason my computer is fast.But nkow im having problems reinstalling my northorn anti virus 2006!

is 70c to hot for my core 2 duo? if so its beacuse my stock intel heatsinc is only running at 1200rpms is there anyway i could change the rpms?

I don't think it really is at 70C. It is probably being reported incorrectly. Because if it was 70C, the CPU would automatically increase the fan speed to the maximum to cool itself down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back