TechSpot

Help my pc has fallen and it cant get up

By ghostrdr
Jan 20, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A few days ago my picture on the modem started to get dastorted.Well i thought it was the vid card.I am in a dusty area so i thought cleaning it might be a good idea.Well i cleaned it and put it back together.It worked for a few days than did it again.I cleaned it again and it worked for a minute than the screen got distorted,than it shut off on its own.Now i took it apart cleaned it and put it togther again.Well i have a wireless mouse and keyboard(logitech).When the pc is off the led indicating the keyboard and mouse are working is on when i turn the pc on the led turns off.In order for my modem to work i need the keyboard to work so that i can insert the modem to the pc.Also i do not hear the pc booting up only the power turns on and nothing else as if nothing is working except the power supply.Any suggestions would be appriciated before i pronounce the pc is dead and give it the proper burial.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.