Help - My sound driver had vanished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there good people* :) , So my probleme is this, Like a week ago the sound on my computer suddenly stopped working, So i checked it out and found that the sound driver some how uninstalled itself i think, Any way its gone, So my question is: How do i bring it back, And how can i check which sound card do i have, Because i got no clue..

and in case you gonna ask(every one asked me this so far)
under device manger in 'Sound, video and game controllers'
i have, Audio Codecs , Legacy audio drivers , Legacy video capture devices and Video codecs

oh and when i try to enter GTA(the pc game) it tells me
"Cannot find audio card installed" from here i get to a conclusion that my sound driver is not installed

help would be most appreciated!

-Thanks! ;)

One: Easy on your introduction topic, dont ever call us delicious people <very rude, indeed!>, just say hello or hello members!
Two: Uninstall the audio drivers, and shut down the computer. reseat the audio board and restart the computer, reinstall the sound drivers
Three: You should have latest DirectX installed < I mean DirectX 9.0b or newer>
Four: Find the ! before the hardware driver to find the problems. And you should have reinstall the GTA or patch/repatch it!

Lucan

if you know what you're doing you need to go to your device manager and remove all items listed under sound video game controllers by right clicking on each one of them. shut your computer down and take the cover off and carefully remove and then reset the sound board. boot your system up and it should look for new hardware and install the drivers for it automatically. try it if you like.
good luck

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

First go HERE and read my post. You will notice a link to the free Everest programme. Download and run the programme. It will give you lots of info about your system.

If you have onboard sound, then you will need to go to your mobo manufacturers website and download the correct drivers for your soundcard.

If you have a seperate soundcard, you need to go to the soundcard manufacturers website, and download the drivers from there.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back