HELP!!! Need another game very badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

aksd

Hey,

Does anyone know of any good games for someone who doesn't has DSL or cable. SP only. I've like got so bored play CS:S, and NEED something else to occupy my attention. I like RPGs, FPS, and have been looking for a flight sim too. I was looking at Blazing Angels and/or Red Orchestra.

Opinions....I Need Your Opinions!!

When it comes to online gamin, u shud Play C&C Generals Zero hour, u can play it even if u had Dial up!!

^ that will be even better, but dial up will do for Zero hour online, as long as ur playin 2vs2
but if u wanna play u and ur friend against pcs, u can put 6-8 pcs against u, wont effect

If your profile specs are accurate, there are a ton of fun SP games that can hold your interest and different genres.

Some of my favorite one-player value action/FPS games:
FEAR - Great game with really smart enemies and good story/horror shooter
Far Cry - Oldie but goodie. On many store's bargain bins now for like $9.99!
Serious Sam 2 - Great action shooter with more bad guys that you can handle rushing you from all sides constantly. Love it. Also cheap ($19 or less)
Quake4- Dark, doom3-engine shooter. But this time you have a flashlight attached to your gun, better story, more creative environments and excellent one player exploration/shooter.

More strategic (basically most Lionhead studios games hehe):
Black and White 2 (+expansion) : Good fun playing "God" ruling tribes across different islands.
The Movies (+expansion): Run your own movie studio from the 1920's to current. Research, casting, scripting, making your own movies. Has a fun "Tycoon" mode and also an online mode which doesnt need great internet (you just upload your latest movie for other players to view/watch and vote how good it is).
Fable- The Lost Chapters: Single player RPG/Action game where your actions evolve your character (good or evil).
CivilizationsIV: Fun Sid Meir turn-based strategy game.

Yep. Thanks sharkfood.

Quake4, Farcry, Fable, Civ4- great games, loads of fun!

Thought about getting FEAR, wasn't sure how well'd play one my system also would like it to come down in price first. Also Movies, just wasn't sure how good it was. Seemed a little cheesey to me at first, but if you have had first hand experience with it I'd like to hear your thoughts.

How about Blazing Angels and Red Orchestra, Anyone played them yet? I'd also like your thoughts on them.

I'm not as much into The Movies for what 90% of the playerbase is (i.e. the making of their own movies and Movies Online).. but instead I absolutely love the Tycoon mode. In this campaign, you have about 80 years to achieve 7+ awards and it's really, really tough... but a ton of fun. In this way, it reminds me a lot of an older game Sim ThemePark World, which I also totally enjoyed.

FEAR has a ton of settings plus a nice demo-tester benchmark for the given settings (kinda like the Video Stress Test for Counter Strike Source) that then returns what percentage of frames under 25fps, 30-40fps, >40 fps... so it's handy for tuning performance for your system. Even without all the top eye-candy on, it's one of the best looking FPS games I've played.. plus you'll love the enemy AI... better than Far Cry IMO.. they ambush, flank, and multi-tier you in ways that scream group-tactics. One of the few single-player FPS games that one can enjoy much like playing online with other humans.

I haven't had time for Blazing Angels nor Red Orchestra yet.. honestly didnt see them on the shelf at my local retailer. Prey was my next purchase target, but if they have BA or RO, I'll probably get those as well...just didn't see them at Fry's here yet hehe.

If your looking for a Good flight sim that works well on Dialup I would suggest Aces High 2. Though it is $15 a month to play it has to be one of the best if not the best WW2 sims out. I have been playing it for around 3 years now and loved it. It's like crack if you can get into a flight sim but be warned it is the closest I have ever come to the feal of flying a real WW2 plane and it can be tricky at first not to meantion you can have your **** handed to you by some of the Aces in the game ....

There are fighters, bombers and a few ground vehicles.
The graphics are being updated from AH1 so some planes look better than others but the should all be updated at some point. Being that the crew at Hitech Creations consists of 8 or so people they have done a great job.

They are currently working on an offshoot of the standard game that is more of a role playing virsion where you would be involved in actual historical missions and the objective would be to get your pilot through the missions successfully and advance. But this off shoot is still in alfa testing so we will wait and see. :)

AH2 has a free 2 week trial and a free 8 player mode. The arenas are caped at 350 players.. It is playable with a mouse and there are guys that some how manage to actually dog fight with a mouse but I would really recomend a joystick of some type with the twisty stick for rudder control.

Here are a couple screen shots I had handy for a thread I was posting on the AH forum. They are at night no they are a bit dark, they don't have night time in the main arenas because to many people complaned about it :(
flame24night.jpg

This is one of a Consolidated B-24J Liberator with it's 2 inboard engins on fire.
a624night1.jpg

this is me in a Mitsubishi A6M (Zero) flying over the B-24.

Oh and if your looking for a game for offline play this aint it. It has a few planes that circle around over what ever base your at to give you some target practice but that about it.

Any way I'll stop typing this wall of text and hope you come on over and join in the fun :) Here's a link to the website..
http://www.hitechcreations.com/frindex.html

Bought RO and BA...haven't had time to play RO, but hope to soon, and as for BA, Stay away, Stay Far away!!!

I have Red Orchestra and Prey too but I haven't had a chance to install them yet. Other FPS' you might consider are Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2, Battlefield 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode one.

Heres an old classic that works fine on dial up - Ghost Recon. Im a big fan of that game and love it to bits.

I've been playing a lot of kiddie games lately from popcap games..... some of them are very addiciting - like iggle pop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back