Help needed

By boroboy
Dec 27, 2006
  1. What have I done?.I had trouble with a bios update and woz suggested to remove tht bios battery,I removed the bios battery ,left it out for one minute then replaced it back in its slot when I tryed to boot up there was a beep followed by a double beep then another double beep and will not boot up.the laptop is still switched on and you can hear what i think is the fan but thats it, please help.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

You may, depending on how you handled the cmos battery, have completely discharged it. Purchase a brand new battery(they`re only cheap) and see if that helps. Be sure to only hold the battery by it`s edges and not top and bottom.

Let us know the outcome please.

Edit: Another possibility is during the bios update something has gone wrong and your bios is buggered. If that`s the case, then a new mobo is usually required.

Regards Howard :)
  3. boroboy

boroboy TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 36

Cheers Howard I will get a new battery,but what is a mobo?
  4. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,094

mobo = Motherboard
    You better not ask what that is lol.
  5. boroboy

Thanks chaps. Replaced with new battery, still the same beeps and will not start.It look like I am going to replace the mobo at the repair shop,but to what cost?.... unless somebody can think of another way to solve my problem.
  6. boroboy

Just got a e-mail from a company in Warrington new mobo £354.00 +p&p.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.