Help! no power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imp

I have a problem can some1 plz help!
When i power on my comp the fans spin for a second or 2 and then nothing. When i remove my gfx card all of the fans work and system seems to boot but as i do not have a display i cant be sure. Im thinking this could be a gfx card fault but it could also be a PSU prob. The system was working fine 1 day and then the next time i turned it on i got this prob.
Any further help would be appreciated.

AMD 2200+
GA-7NNXP
512mb pc2700
Saphire 9600xt

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Can you try a different graphics card?

If you can and you get the same results then in all likelyhood it`s your psu.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Cheers m8 i think ive found the problem, i tried everything on a diff mobo and got the same probs, i dont think its the psu as i had all drives except boot drive disconnected and i still got same prob, this makes me think its gonna be gfx card,looks like im gonna have to fork out for a new 1 what would you reccomend 9800pro or X700pro?.......WILL I EVER GET PLAY HL2??

I don`t think I`m the right person to advise you as I don`t really play games.

I have an Nvidea geforce4 mx4000 which suits me fine but I doubt it would be any good for what you want.

Regards Howard
santa2.gif

unless you are planning on buying a new motherboard your goiing to have to settle for the 9800 pro the x700 is a PCI Express card not an AGP one.

I was thinking about upgrading my whole system after xmas, to a AMD FX53 so i'll need a new mobo for that ,i would really like a X800 but they are as hard to get hold of as rocking horse sh*t and the price of the FX CPU puts the X800 outta my price range, so i'll just have to go for a X700 :mad: . thanks again for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back