Help on a new Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxracer15

I currently have a Intel D915GAV yea sad i know...
I wanted to get a new mobo so that i could oc my P4 3.0 prescott with the aquagate mini 120 that im getting for xmas. I was looking at the Abit GD8-M at newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127204

But im not sure if it supports overclocking :confused: . And if that Doesent do you have any suggestion of a differnt motherboard in the $80 range that would work. (need at least 2 pci slots and room for my big zalmen vf700 on my video card)

Please Help
Thx :grinthumb

it should support overclcoking as almost all the big companies' board support overclocking one way or another. The question that you should ask is that if it overclock well:). I think you should be better off buying a mobo based on the new 945/955 chipset as it supports dual core cpu in case sometimes in the near future you decide to upgrade to the dual core cpu.

Yea i considerd that but those board only support ddr2 memory and i just have ddr... :(

Thx for the help :bounce: :bounce:

oh that sucks. Well, you can always sell your ddr and get a ddr2(given that ddr2's price has gone down significanlty). If you are looking for ddr1 intel board, i think abit is a good maker, so is dfi or the asus, they all offer decent board with good overclockability.

Abit boards is fine for OC. They supply Micro Guru on their mobo driver CD - reasonable OC tool.

You probably have a P4-530 chip ... not so good for OC. Maybe 10% up.

The Aquagate' BTU rating is too low ... will not support extreme OC. However try to mount the evaporator in the front of the case so it draws cool air directly.

Yea i dunno all the reviews i saw on it from various sites gave it a pretty good review but if nothing else it will keep my P4 a lot cooler than it is now. Its running at 50c idle and 70c at load.. i currently have a Aspire X-Navigator so i couldent mount the aquagate on the front bc there is just a couple 80mm fan spots. My case teps are 15-25c all the time even after gamming for a couple of hours so its not my case temps that are maing my cpu so hot.

Thx for the help :approve: :approve:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back