Help Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Hi my name is gary and I'm probibly old enough to be your father but the plain simple truth is I'm really learning alot about computers and I would really like to move on to the next step .you guys are really great and I would like to see if any of you would be up to the challenge of helping me,heres what I would like to know or help with. (oc my video card or tweaking it)

I know its a piece of junk but I cant get my other puter re-built intill this spring,I am addicted to playing americas army and my sys works but its just under recommended specs.I would like to oc if I can but im very new at this and would really appreciate some major help on what and how (if I can even mess with it)
thanx for taking a look at it.

eMachines T2042

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Intel® Celeron® Processor 2 GHz (w/128KB L2 cache & 400MHz FSB)
Intel 845GL Chipset
7.25"w x 14.125"h x 16"d
40 GB HDD

128 MB DDR (P2100)
56K* ITU v.92 ready Fax/Modem
10/100Mbps built-in Ethernet
40x12x40 Max. CD-RW Drive; 16x Max. DVD Drive; 3.5" 1.44MB FDD
Multimedia Keyboard, 2-Button Wheel Mouse, Stereo Speakers
AC '97 Audio
Intel Extreme Graphics 3D (845GL shared)
6 USB 2.0 ports (2 on front), 1 Serial, 1 Parallel, 2 PS/2, Microphone-In & Head Phone jack on front, Audio-In & Out, 3 PCI slots (2 available)

BOM for : T2042
Part Category Description Part Number
Chassis: CHASSIS, NEXGEN-2 MAIN CHASSIS FRAME
CPU: CPU, CELERON 2.0 GHZ
CPU Fan Type: FAN, H/SINK:117162CBL01,MPGA,P4P-2.4G,W/ 947
FDD Model: FDD, SFD-321B/LTGNQ 2097
HDD: HDD, 40 GB 1360
Keyboard Model: K/B:KB-9908,EN104K,PS/2,EMA,C-BLK/SLVR
LAN: LAN, 10/100 integrated
MB: MB, IMPERIAL-GL (REV C2, D or E) 2095
Memory: MEM, DDR-RAM 128MB (Max. 2GB) 1923
Modem: MODEM, V.92 56K 1447
Mouse: MOUSE, MO15K (WHEEL) 1689
ODD1: CDRW, NEXGEN (40X) 2434
ODD2: DVD, NEXGEN (16X) FLAT DVEM2510S16S
Power Supply: PS, 250 WATT 1670
Speaker: SPEAKER, SP-20A
Video: VIDEO, INTEGRATED

:wave: Welcome to Techspot! :wave:

First off, please dont post the same thread twice :hotbounce

You may not be able to OC, due to most computer makers, such as Dell, Gateway, and EMachies lock the CPU Multiplier or BIOS, disabling your ability to OC.

If you know for fact it is possible for you to OC, you may not be able to OC much anyways, due to the fact you probbly dont have very good cooling.. just good enough to cool the CPU at stock speeds. You could buy an SLK900 for $50, and a fan to go with it ($15) and you would be able to overclock pretty high I can imagine, depending on how friendly your CPU is to overclocking.

However I think the easiest and most beneficial thing to do would be add more RAM. I would reccomnend a 256MB stick, giving you 384MBs total. I think this would increase your performance just as much as say overclocking your CPU 300 or 400MHz. Here is exactly what I would order if I were in your shoes:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80382-0

Thats a great website I get all my stuff from, execellent prices, and free second day air on that product! That brand of RAM is one of the best, and is only $1 more then their cheapest (256MB generic) brand.

1. You can't OC. Period. All OEM manufacturers lock the BIOS.
2. If you could, you would want to get an Extreme Volcano 12 for ~$30, currently the best HSF on the market (don't believe me? read the review: http://www.xhardware.net/reviews/cooling/tt_v12/page1.php )
3. The best ram now is OCZ, not Corsair.

If you want to OC, get a new mobo. Celerons aren't the best procs, but I hear they OC like mad.

In my opinion the greatest benefit will come from a new video card. I think they are making some decent PCI video cards again and you'll likely get a healthy boost in performance by getting one if you don't have an AGP slot.

ok thanx a bunch ,I was thinking of adding more ram and upgrading my video card, your suggetions are greatly appreciated and helped me decide wich way to go.
have a good one guys :)

same as above post... pci fx5200 or radeon 9100 and bump the ram to 256mb.

ps. im 14, so ur prolly old enuf to be my gramps.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back