help removing Myzor virus please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im very new here and really need some help.. I have this myzor aka zrob i think virus on my sons lap top.. it keeps popping up this warning about a virus and telling me i have to pay to get rid of it.. I cant get to my home page and i dont know what to do , i have read all these posts , but i find them very confussing.. can someone walk me through this please,

thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of ditoz only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Post?

Im sorry i dont understand your directions.. Post what? HJT and avg, what are those.. I am writing from another computer.. as like i said the other computer has this virus im writing about.. thanks for your help. I so Appreciate it..

All descriptions, directions are in the link I gave you.

HJT is a small programme that allows us to see what`s running on your system. It can also help us to stop certain processes, thereby helping to get rid of viruses etc.

AVG Antispyware is a free antispyware programme that will help to clean your system of trojans etc.

Just follow the instructions and then I`ll be able to help you further.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of ditoz only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi. I have been working on this all day ( about 12 hours) grrrrrr .. anyways i have followed all instructions. I am at the part where i had to run the hjt at the end and post the file here.. Only problem is - 1) my sons lap top which is where im doing this all on is now only in 16bit color mode and i cant see everything properly on screen, I went to settings tried to change it, but there are no options other then 16bit, 2) when i try to open the browser to attach the HJT file, an error comes us , saying a problem has accured and internet explorer must restart.. It does that over and over again , not allowing me to access the browser.. Can you please instruct me now as to what to do..
thanks so much
Ps: I am on a differrent computer posting this and will check back to get reply and instructions

See HERE for instructions on how to post your HJT log.

I also require your AVG Antispyware log.

If i cant open the browser on the computer that had the problem, i dont understand how im supposed to post AVG and HJT log?

howard_hopkinso said:
See HERE for instructions on how to post your HJT log.

I also require your AVG Antispyware log.

the hjt file does not look like its uploading correctly ?

You could do the simple thing and save them to a floppy/cd/flash drive etc and then upload them from the computer you`re using now.

ok now i feel like yall left me hanging , two weeks pastand no replys.. I have done what you all ask.. computer took off virus but now it is very very slow and will not show graphics in anything but 8 colors, please help me to finsih what we started here .. thank you

If you would like to post a fresh HJT log and an AVG antispyware log the we will take a look at it for you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back