HELP Task Manager wont close certain processes. End Task does nothing!

By alec
Jan 18, 2006
  1. I will open a program, close it, and then when i try to open it again a message appears saying that an existance of it is still running. When i look at my processes i see that it is in fact But when i try to "end Process" it does not close. The warning pops up, i say yes, and yet it does nothing. I can not seem to close these programs. And this causes shuting down to take up to 15-20 min unless i force a shut down. The problem has occured with Opera.exe CCAPP.exe outlook.exe and maybe more. Please help thanks!
  2. DamianTV

DamianTV TS Rookie Posts: 20

3. EkremBektas

EkremBektas TS Rookie

You can try to turn off your "remote access" functions at "System Configuration Utility".by START>RUN>MSCONFIG>SERVICES -excepts Remote procedure calls-.If your "Computer Management>System Tools>Event Viewer>Application" log error messages which contains "d:\qxp_slp\..." text ,most probably,second persons want to access to your computer.
  4. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 716

Have you ruled out virus/malware problems? It may be worth doing a hijackthis scan and posting the log in the security forum.

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Old thread guys :p

Regards Howard :)
  6. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 716

lol, it is too, what a bummer;)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.