Help to decide best TV out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit for introduction:

Hi everybody. I'm not exactly new but changed e-mail addres and also lost my password.

I tried to to a search to see if this topic had been discussed and not waste anyone's time, but TV is too short of a word to search... Go figure.

So, please forgive if I'm rehashing and old subject...

I'm tryin to find a replacement for my Geforce2MX. I use it in a "PC Theater" setup so I need something with more power and that I can still use only the TV-out without needing a monitor connected to the PC (just straight to one of my TV's video in). I've read that the GeForce4MX is really not powerful but it seems to fill my requirements for the TV-out. However, I was wondering f you guys can recommend something a bit more powerful with good TV-out...

Thanks!

Most new graphics cards come with TV out these days, so you should have plenty to choose from. I'd recommend the Radeon 9600 Pro, which is what I am using (fast, good image quality, and reasonably priced). I don't use the TV out facility, but it's available if I need it. It's a large step up from the GeForce4MX and is an excellent mid-range (speed/price) graphics card. It'll run anything currently available and most of the newer titles when they are released. Nvidia's FX5600 Ultra is an alternative that is equally good. I wouldn't bother with cheaper cards as newer games will need a fair amount of horsepower to run properly.

Thanks for the reply Nic!

I tried a Geforce3 (I really am not sure) and had problems with using just the TV out, I also tried a GeforceMX440 and that worked fine. I wonder if the Radeons work fine with just the TV out connected (no monitor on the VGA port)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back