Help urgently req'd!!!!!

By rick1974
Jan 24, 2007
  1. I've got a Dell 2400 :-( and I'm trying to install a geforce 6200 graphics card into it, but the pc won't even find it upon startup. I had a radeon 9200 in before which worked fine. I suspect it's the pc, as I've had problems in the past while trying to install hardware.
    Any help would be greatly received
  2. JimShady23

JimShady23 TS Maniac Posts: 373

What do you mean the PC wont find it at start up ?

Just a blank screen ?

If you have a onboard card, hook your monitor to that VGA port then turn on your machine...Go into the bios and make sure that your Initial display is set to the PCI/AGP slot (what ever type of interface the card is) and not onboard video. I am not to familiar with Dell bios so I cant tell you exactly where to find it. Do some digging or maybe somone else can help.

This is just a suggestion, it may not be what is wrong...You could have also just plain o recieved a bad card.
  3. rick1974

rick1974 TS Rookie Topic Starter

The computer just doesn't recognise that i've fitted a new card in. I've tried it in the other two pci slots. Still not working. I've read that there could be a power issue? Would the computer find the card if there wasn't enough to power it? The power unit has a max of 250w.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.