Help urgently req'd!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick1974

I've got a Dell 2400 :-( and I'm trying to install a geforce 6200 graphics card into it, but the pc won't even find it upon startup. I had a radeon 9200 in before which worked fine. I suspect it's the pc, as I've had problems in the past while trying to install hardware.
Any help would be greatly received

Define

What do you mean the PC wont find it at start up ?

Just a blank screen ?

If you have a onboard card, hook your monitor to that VGA port then turn on your machine...Go into the bios and make sure that your Initial display is set to the PCI/AGP slot (what ever type of interface the card is) and not onboard video. I am not to familiar with Dell bios so I cant tell you exactly where to find it. Do some digging or maybe somone else can help.

This is just a suggestion, it may not be what is wrong...You could have also just plain o recieved a bad card.

The computer just doesn't recognise that i've fitted a new card in. I've tried it in the other two pci slots. Still not working. I've read that there could be a power issue? Would the computer find the card if there wasn't enough to power it? The power unit has a max of 250w.

JimShady23 said:
What do you mean the PC wont find it at start up ?

Just a blank screen ?

I mean the pc doesn't know it exists. Plug the monitor into my on board graphics card and I can use the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back