HELP: Windows XP freezes immediately after "Loading you Personal Settings"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am running Windows XP service pack 2 on a Dell Computer. Recently somthing happened to it when i was trying to rid of a tojan horse. Now when I boot the computer normally, it works fine up to the the user screen. When I click my username and it starts to log in, it freezes after it says "loading your personal settings" and is stuck with my user backround. The taskbar is not there, and nor are the icons. I tried Ctrl+Alt+Delete, Alt+F4, and the win key. The only action that works is moving the mouse.
I was able to boot it fine with "Safe Mode with Networking" and "Last recent Settings that worked"(which sometimes doesn't :( ) I have also tried System restore which didn't help and the registries and boot log look fine. PLEASE HELP!!!!! Thanks in advanced

Log in as the administrator user and try the spyware removal procedure again. Better yet, use the help of our resident HJT experts :)

Chances are that the registry for your username is broken beyond repair. In that case, delete the user and recreate it to start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back