Help with building computer for 600-700 (without graphics card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i already have a nvidia 9800.

I recently upgraded my graphics card and now its time to get the rest. I'm thinking about going with an intel duo but i don't really know what else i want to get.

it'll mainly be used for gaming.

Thanks for the help.

You do not have a plan for
Computer case?
CPU?
Hard Drive(S)?
Motherboard and Memory?
Mouse and Keyboard?
Optical Drives?
Power Supply?
And want to build all the above around the graphics card?
What is your budget? Where do you live, for shipping and customs purposes?

im thinking this
case: COOLER MASTER NV 690
CPU: Intel core 2 duo E8400
hard drive: SAMSUNG 500GB
mothterboard:EVGA 750i
memory: CORSAIR 4GB 2x2GB
optical drives: something cheap
Power supply: don't know??

that costs around 600 (plus 95 dollars of mail in rebates) without a power supply I just need a good PSU that will run with all of that for about.

Im looking to spend around 650-700. I live in the US.

I don't need a keyboard or mouse.

The heatsink and fan over the chipset is a great addition, as well as the error code showing display. Make sure you got an updated power source (500 watt) on your system since this mobo has an 8 pin connector for cpu power. You will be happy with Seasonic, Corsair, Sparkle, and others. See the postings here on Power supply. There is some good info, but dated now unless it has been recently upgraded.
The Intel Socket 775, LGA 775 processor chip and socket , as you perhaps know by now, have no pinsl. Instead they merely have the electrical contacts where the pins (which are now built into the socket on the motherboard) will touch. While the lack of pins makes these chips much less fragile, the bottom of the processor should not be touched, as the contacts can be easily damaged.
It is extremely important that the processor be installed slowly, carefully and vertically into the socket, and removed the same way. Any careless handling will damage the pins, and may leave you with a useless motherboard. It pays to move slowly if you have not done such an install in the past.
Get the best one you can find with some Gurgle searches. They are not the most difficult to install, but different so it pays to be careful and go slowly using some pre-determined steps you will find in several locations on line.
You might, instead, want to get an EVGA board that will accept Core 2 Duo... but since you are price limited, you will be OK with any of the LGA 775 based on speed comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back