TechSpot

HELP WITH capture card sound help!

By RUDEBWOY
May 5, 2006
  1. OK well i have a capture card its hooked to my tv pc etc i got everything to work but i cant get it to record sound any help on this please and where does it plug into?

2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

My crystal ball is broken again, so I can't look up things like what ort of devices you have and what exactly are you trying to do , but I'll just make wild guesses..

Video cables do not carry audio. You have to connect a separate cable from your TV's audio output to your soundcard or the capture card (if it has audio inputs).

3. RUDEBWOY

RUDEBWOY TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 394

ok

SAA7130 PCI TV Card - Video Capture

thats the card that i have and i want to get sound working when im recording i mainly use it for my ps2 i also have the logitech 5.1 surround sound hooked up to my ps2 when i use it.

4. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

if the audio out isnt integrated with the card (through the pci i mean) then you'll need to find the audio out jack or 4 pins that goes to your motherboard

5. RUDEBWOY

RUDEBWOY TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 394

well

well on the capture card the card it self it has a audio out any thing to do with that

6. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

well yes... sound needs to come from somewhere.... and when you record from your tv card, it goes out of that hole/pin and into the line in (usualy) on your soundcard, or directly to the motherboard...

so heres some setup scenario..
    Code:
                                    video (goes through the pc)
    antenna cable>tv card{
                                    audio-out>line in (sound card)
    Code:
                                            video (pc)
    Playstation (video out) > tv card{
     \PS Audio>line in (pc/souncard)      TV Audio not used
    then PC>monitor/tv/etc, PC>speakers etc..

most common way of setting up a Playstation or any picture device to your pc.. and record everything.. also note that No.1 can also be applied if you are using the RF (antenna) connector for your PS/video playback device to the card, but the audio line needs to be there as well or you get no sound..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.