Help with compatibility of build

This is my first time ever building a PC, and I'm not very PC hardware savvy. I would really appreciate it if someone would let me know if this build is compatible, and if there are any fixes/changes to be made, please let me know.

I will be using this computer for gaming:
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150
  • HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory
  • MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate Intel Z87 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Military Class 4, OC Genie II, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, HDMI, 2 Gen3 PCIe x16, 2x PCI-e & 2 PCI
  • POWER SUPPLY: 500 Watts - Corsair CX500 500W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card
Windows 7 64 bit OS
Monitor 1920x1080

I was told by a friend to be wary of the power supply being only 500W. Would it be recommended to raise it?

Thanks to anyone who takes their time to read/help out.
I greatly appreciate any and all help.

Everything is compatible.
I was told by a friend to be wary of the power supply being only 500W. Would it be recommended to raise it?
The 500W will be fine running a single GTX 760. However you did list a motherboard that supports two cards. AMD Crossfire anyway, there was no mention of SLI support.
GTX 760 GPU Engine Specs:
  • Minimum Recommended System Power (W) - 500W
The minimum power specifications have headroom for the average user.

So you wouldn't recommend going to 600W then?
I'm not gonna recommend going with more wattage than you actually need. If you want more headroom, that is your call. :) I will only advise getting a larger power supply if the build calls for it. If you ever think you will go SLI or Crossfire, you might want to add 150/200 Watts.

nVidia has a good idea what the average user does with their system and sets a minimum power requirement with headroom. Adding headroom yourself would be overkill, unless you have unusual habits that would consume more power than the average user.

Back