Help with Counter Strike Source (graphics card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigblued5

Ok When i start my steam and i log on i go to help then system information and it says that my
driver: Sis 760
DirectX driver name:SisGRV.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.10.3720
DirectX Driver Version: 6.14.10.3720
Driver Date: 9 Jan 2006
so as u see i need DirectX versin 9.0c or higher for good graphic because right now they suck like when i look in the sky it gets all glitched. also it lags lots for some reson.... my comp is a Compaq SR1520NX with 512MB memory and 160GB hard drive with 1808 Mhz. I have no clue how many Ghz it is cause it doesnt say no where. If anyone cud help me get my graphics card up-to-date i wud be very thankful. also i downloaded directX 9.0c and under diagos or whatever u put in run to make that thing come up it says my graphics card it 9.0c but in steam it says its 6.14.10.3720. Also if someone wudnt mind helping me get it to lag less.

how much memory is your graphics card using?

If you run dxdiag and click display it will tell you how much memory your graphics card is using.

no need to worry about the driver version numbers and dates cause they seem up to date if says direct x version is 9.0c when you run dxdiag then you have updated direct x correctly.

Your systems processor speed is 1.808Ghz (1000Mhz is same as 1Ghz)

i suspect your onboard graphics is not using enough memory.

run dxdiag and tell us how much memory your graphics are using as discribed above

seems like you have a good enough graphics memory and system memory.

processor is a not mega fast but it should be good enough for most purposes.

If its glitchy when playing certain games then you should check the system requirements for the game. it would say for example " min processor speed 1ghz, Hdd space 500mb, graphics 64mb" and things like that.

but if the game requires higher than what your system's got then they wont work properly or not at all.

anyway do you know about system maintainance and have you done it lately?

thats things like Antivirus and spyware scan, disk defragmentation, and disk cleanup?

Minimum System Configuration

1.2 GHz Processor
256MB RAM
DirectX 7 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection

Preferred System Configuration

2.4 GHz Processor
512MB RAM
DirectX 9 capable graphics card
Windows 2000/XP/ME/98
Mouse
Keyboard
Internet Connection
there i copied it right off the site lol all i need is a 2.4 processor all i got is a 1.8 processor and i need directX 9 it even says that lol. I have 6.14.20.3720 can u tell me how to get directX 9??? i think i have it cause when i go to run then dxdiag it says i have directx 9.0c but steam says i have 6 so shud i unistall steam then reinstall it?then it might pick up that i have 9.0c??? or can u help me??

Steam is installed ok! it's not saying that direct x is version 6.14.20.3720
confusing i know! but you do have direct x 9.0c already.

That driver version 6.14.20.3720 is part of direct x 9.0c.

do you get it now?

so you cannot play that game because your system does not meet the requirements.

You would need a new graphics card in order to run the game. Integrated graphics (especially from SIS) aren't enough for that game.

the game runs but not perfectly but better than some comps. It lags a bit and also glitches a little the worst thing that it does is when u look up into the sky it drags the image below into the sky so u see repeadive pictures of it. So is there anything solutions to my problem without spending money??? cause if i buy i new graphics card thats like $150 - $250 which ill spend but thats kinda lots. and if i get a new processor that $100 - $200 that ill spend. I dont really want to spend that much, then with the shipping days if i buy online then the days it will take to be put into my comp that will be close to 10 - 14 days and thats pretty boring waiting for it.(but its probubly worth it)

Ok, man just look on back of BF2 game and check the system requirments, now match those if you can. Trust me thats one of those games that have great graphics and everything else so do that (if you can), and relax. If you cant get these items see if there is a Fry's or a Heron technology store nearest you. Good luck and enjoy CS:S. You have to spend cash on your comp. Fry's is cheapest, so is newegg.com.

You don't necesarily have to spend 150 or more on a graphics card. I've got a good card (Radeon X800GTO PCI-E) for just $109, and an Athlon 64 3200+ for just $99. Wait a little bit and these prices will be even lower.

Also, try to update the drivers from the SIS webpage. Your drivers are from January, I'm sure SIS has updated them.

Good luck!

An Athlon 64 CPU has more gaming power than a Intel Pentium D, especially those 2.6 and 2.8 GHZ models, unless you plan to do some overclocking.

I would recommend simply upgrading the videocard at this time.

You have a Sempron 3100+ processor which has okay power but the SiS video is crippling it's performance. That on-board video also uses a shared memory interface which slows things down dramatically.

The system does have an AGP 8x slot and is Socket 754. You can upgrade just about anything on that system with the only caveat being the power supply. You should consider opening the case and inspecting the sticker on the power supply to obtain what wattage you have.

If you're mainly concerned with CounterStrike Source performance, I'd say just pick up a cheap videocard upgrade and go from there. I would NOT recommend going too far until you can verify what wattage your power supply is. Also, I would not go Pentium as you'll need a new motherboard, likely case, etc.etc.. basically a whole new computer to go that route. You CAN inexpensively upgrade to a more powerful AMD XP 64 socket 754 though, if you have enough juice in the power supply. :)

Graphics Card

I just bought an ati radeon 9250 128mb graphics card, would this be good for source? and can you change graphics cards on a dell?

hey hey,
i installed counter-strike source and ive played it b4 on my computer... i uninstalled it and reinstalled it a month or 2 later... now when it opens it goes all blue and green and black the ''windows'' the letters r all just black squares can u give me a handplease

my computer is a emachines... it supposedly has enough stuff except the direct x level 9 graphics card...i dont know what one i have but its and ok one... any sudgestions... i am buying a new video card in like a month for 150 or so.... or maybe sooner

soz i havent replied in a long time lol i still havent figured out wat graphics card to get, if anyone cud be passific on wat exact grapics card i shud get please post. i was also wondering if i shud get more RAM...wen i got the comp it says it has 512MB RAM and it even says so on the stickers, but on system information it says i have 352MB or something in the 300s, y is it like that? And please tell me wat exact processor i shud get? is a 3.2 processor best? or is there 2.8s that ar better? i really dont know that much so cud someone fill me in please

I have the same problem..

Half-Life 2: Runs fine for approximatley twenty minutes then crash the comp.

Counter Strike Source: Loads and will play a game but the menu is black making it next to impossible to navigate to a game.

Hammer: while making a map there is no grid lines, making it impossible to do anything. (If I minimize the screen and re-open it only the top left box will show a grid but still disappears when I mouse over.

The computer is a friends and I already know it has nothing to do with system specs even though they are low grade.

COMPAQ SR1550NX
AMD Athlon 64 3400 running at 1.9Ghz (In Ms Info it says 2.1Ghz)
384Mb Ram (In Ms Info it says 512 Mb)
SiS 760 128mb

I want an actuall answer to why these things would be happening. I know the computer could use some ****ing upgrades, but my friend has no means to purchase anything except bud. Everything is compatible with the Source engines specs but when I ran Counter Strike Source for the first time it said I didn't meet specs because the SiS 760 wasn't reading as a DirectX card, but my friends,you and I know there is no other such thing this day in age for PC.

MUCH HELP APPRECIATED,

well cud anyone reply??? how am i suppose to tell what voltage my fan is cause i REALLY want to know wat graphics card i shud get and/or processor and/or RAM? I am looking on www.tigerdirect.com for some stuff but i have no idea wat to look for cause as someone said before, my voltage might skrew everything up....? plz reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back