TechSpot

Help with eGeforce 5700 LE

By DkA98
Feb 23, 2007
  1. Hi! Everybody.

I have and eVGA eGeforce 5700 LE with 256 Megs RAM that I've been using for over a year. I have used for gaming but only occasionally. Couple of days ago I started to get some white stripes on my video display.

I though it was a driver corruption problem and reinstalled the drivers. But I still have the same problem. I even toke the card out and tested it on another machine and I still have the same problems. I friend told me that I should get another one that it may be the end of it.

But since we have some many resources now in terms of video cards technology I would like to know if there is something like a BIOS upgrade, of Firmware upgrade or anything that I can use to to fix it?

Thanks

2. Sharkfood

Sharkfood TS Guru Posts: 1,019

1) Can of compressed air to clean the fan/heatsink/gpu cooler as best as you can.
    2) Overclocking tool and try underclocking the memory/gpu speeds.

I'd still say just toss the thing if you can afford ANY new videocard. Those FX series were very, very poor 3d cards.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.