Help with errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't sure where to put this, so here it goes.

Hey all, I have been experiencing some problems with my computer, including hardlocks, and BSOD's. Here is my system and list of current problems.

AMD 64 X2 5600+ Windsor 2.6GHz Dual Core Processor.
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
4GB DDR2 Ram
Abit KN9-SLI Motherboard
Nvidia GeForce NX GT8600 PCI Express x16
700 Watt Cooler Master Power Supply.

I have been experiencing blue fatal error crashes and mini-dumps shortly after the World of Warcraft 3.0.2 patch, and more recently now just whenever im gaming ( any game, ) but never recieve them during web-surfing, etc. I recieve errors IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO 0x0000000A and 0x0000008E. I have recieved a few others that are not coming to my memory at this time.

This is what I have done. I flashed my bios and put them back to factory settings, and I have also ran a registry booster and repair, fixing all registry problems ( I hope, ) that I had. I also ran memtest* as well as windows diagnostic memory tool, and found no errors, as well as ran each stick of memory independantly and found them to run fine. I ran my driver check tool, and have updated every driver I could find, including SATA network connections, BIOS/CHIPSET, etc. I have done all this and still found no error to my computers ways.

If anyone has any ideas, please, PLEASE help me. This computer is my 1st born expensive child, and its ill, and needs attention !

( oh, also I found on a forum for ABIT, even thouogh my Motherboard is freaking not old, its already discontinued which means I can't get any new drivers/fixes for it.. could this maybe be the hardware failure one of the BSOD's is refering to ? )

Also if anyone knows how to deteremine what piece of hardware is causing my issue, please let me know !

Sorry so lengthy, if you can please read and respond.

It's your graphics card that needs attention, not everything else. Have you updated Vista to SP1? Have you gone to the Nvidia support website and downloaded the latest driver from there

yes, I have updated the lastest drivers for every piece of hardware in my machine.

( curiosity speaking, and if your right, eh simple fix )

How do you know its the graphics card that needs attention ? I run most games on full graphics around 150 frames per second.

Also, I do use Everest Home, and Sensorview Pro. And all my temperatures seem to be running very well. My AUX temperature was 15 degrees Celsius, and my CPU temperature was only 48 degrees Celsius, during the heat of gaming.

"How do you know its the graphics card that needs attention?"

"blue fatal error crashes and mini-dumps shortly after the World of Warcraft 3.0.2 patch, and more recently now just whenever im gaming"...

This was a BIG clue. Can you post your complete system specs? Your power supply might be dieing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back