Help with first oc pls !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

I've read the thread on OC, and i could answer all the questions, so this means i'm allowed to start OC :)

Perhaps first my specs:

Asus A7N8x-x mobo rev 2.0 bios 1010
AMD Athlon XP2800+ Barton core, stepping AQUCA 0326 SPAW
Artic Coppersilent 2
2x512 MB DDRRam TwinMOS/Winbound PC-400 cl2.5
Hercules 9800XT with Zalman ZM80C-HP with ZM-OP1
Chieftec PSU 360 Watt
Chieftec Big Tower whith 5 casefans

So, i wandered if i could have some help to get this baby OC'd.
I've read all kind of topics on this issue, and i saw all different kinds of OC. i mean, for an 2800XP, which is standard on 166*12.5, i've seen people go 230*10.5, 175*12.5, 200*11
What's best? When do i need to higher the Cpu voltage? When do i need to change the memory settings?
Is there someone with the same Mobo and CPU that can give me some help here?
For example, i've changed the seetings to: 200*11, with is 2200 it gets recognised as an 2500+, and it set to speed 1.84 GH? Is this normal?

greetz,

:confused:

Originally posted by XquiZiD
What's best?
The fastest that works.
When do i need to higher the Cpu voltage?
When CPU no longer runs stable at specific speed.
When do i need to change the memory settings?
When things lock up because of memory.
i've changed the seetings to: 200*11, with is 2200 it gets recognised as an 2500+, and it set to speed 1.84 GH? Is this normal?
Yes. That's the fun part of CPU speeds marketed with different values :p

Athlon XP 2500+ runs at 1833 MHz.

You might want to get better cooling so you will be able to overclock even further. But then again you don't have to.

If you want to squeeze more out of your parts, Get some good cooling parts. CPU fans, case fans, ramsinks/active memory cooling (check out thermaltake's active memory cooling kit at http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/memory/a1165.htm or the hilarious Evercool Neon Crab Memory Cooler (just google it) LoL, I didn't know active cooling existed for RAM until recently.

Happy OC'ing

Today is "DIG UP OLD THREADS" day, is it?

This is like the 5th dead thread today I have seen brought back to life.....

LoL!! OMG i didn't even look at the date of the initial post. I only though it was new because someone had just replied before me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back