Help with Hacktool.rootkit !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, well, straight to the point. Im having problems with a darn trojan that just wont set loose and leave me alone.
Its called Hacktool.rootkit, supposedly kinda new, Im not sure. It affected my ntoskrnl.exe and just wont go. My antivirus supposedly deleted it, but it keeps showing up again and again and then keeps saying it was deleted. Its a system file so I cant just get rid of it. I've tried everything, NoAdware, Ad-Aware SE, Spybot, AVG Anti-Spyware even AVG Anti-Rootkit and it didnt even find it. I have no idea what to do next, Im downloading NOD32 but I doubt it'll work.
I'd really appreciate any other solution rather than just formatting!
Thanks in advance!

I forgot to say, the symptoms are, besides the pc being INCREDIBLY slow, the mouse stops working for several minutes, like, it would move but it wouldnt do a thing, so happens with the keyboard and all of a sudden it would work again, but sometimes id have to restart.
On msn I keep sending nudges and some weird file i did not place on my pc keeps being sent to my friends when im chatting...
i would really love it if someone could help! i dont wanna have to format again!
thanks once again!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of StefanyBaez only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

No offense mate, but SS&D won`t get rid of a rootkit infection. However, I do agree it is a very good programme that everyone should have on their system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of StefanyBaez only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back