Help with Local Area Connection/Router!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.

I just thought i'd come to you...YET AGAIN...for another computer problem!

You see I recently just bought a D-Link Wireless router and after a couple of games of Warcraft 3 my connection would be lost!

I went to see what was wrong and I found THIS in place of what I normally see to repair.

34254879ov1.png

I tried repairing it but no luck.

I'm being forced to use just my broadband box but it still shows up.

Can anyone tell me what this is?

I'm sorry but I can't really explain what it is.

I need to know so I can get that little "thing" off my connection. (Referring to the flame-like thing.)

Anyone?

Go HERE and download Winsock xp fix.

Once installed, run the program and see if that fixes your internet connection problem.

Regards Jase :)

Yes. This program will try to fix your internet connectivity problem.

It can often cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or improper uninstall of firewall applications or other tools that modify the XP network and Winsock settings.

Regards Jase :)

Well you really can do it yourself to fix it...

nbtstat -r
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns

the last one if you get an error you can use this command

REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache /V Start /T REG_DWORD /F /D 2

Restart the PC...

I did use the Winsock fix on a system but the problem didn't go away, but not until had did the above did it go way..

Also there is over look feature in XP Pro that's in VISTA. Where you can
add the Router you have to the Network Places. If you click on MY Network Places then click on Show Icons for networked UPnp devices if you router has UPnp or it is enabled it will show up.

Seems to speed up connections access when the Router is kind of mapped directly to your system. This way.. Oh yes icon will appear when your system has detected the router in your system tray.

Now one more then you can do in Network Connections to speed up the access it to click on the Advanced tab on the menu bar then on Advanced Settings.

Adapters and Bindings
Here you should but the NIC connection LAN or WLAN first

Provider Order
Microsoft Windows Network should be first MS Terminal Services (if you're running server or on a domain that should be first)

nbtstat -r
netsh interface ip delete arpcache
ipconfig /flushdns

the last one if you get an error you can use this command

REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache /V Start /T REG_DWORD /F /D 2

Where would I access these?

Other fixes

Okay you got this error you DNS Client didn't load.. This need to be fixed.

click on start
click on run
type: cmd
type: REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache /V Start /T REG_DWORD /F /D 2

Then wait for the okay message.. type: exit

Reboot the PC...

Once you get back into windows go back in the dos prompt window mode
and type: ipconfig /flushdns

That should work okay for you...

now type: arp -a
you should now see your PC IP address
the default-gateway IP
or any pc connected to you IP (might now show-up after flushing or purging that is normal.)

I found out there might be another problem also...

click on start
click on run
type: secpol.msc

If you get this message:

Security Templates

The Group Policy security settings that apply to this machine could not be determined.
The error returned when trying to retreive these settings from the local security policy database (%windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb) was: The parameter is incorrect.

If you get an error you need to do this:

click on run
type: esentutl /p %windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb

Once you run this it will ask you to repair say okay or yes..

This need to be done in Windows and not the dos prompt, but it will open and close one you start it..

Now see if you can do type: secpol.msc

Repeat this process on all pcs you have... If you need too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back