Help with my IP settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very frustrated as I have been on the phone with my IP company. My dell computer can get on the internet via the Lan line but my laptop can't. I was hooked up to wireless but took all of that off and still can not get my laptop to contect to the modem via the ethernet cable. We did all the reconfigs and nothing is working. Can someone help me?

Dawnderossett said:
I am very frustrated as I have been on the phone with my IP company. My dell computer can get on the internet via the Lan line but my laptop can't. I was hooked up to wireless but took all of that off and still can not get my laptop to contect to the modem via the ethernet cable. We did all the reconfigs and nothing is working. Can someone help me?

Hi
A little more info before we can help.

You say Lan Line, then you say Modem Via ethernet.

Is it a case of you have an ADSL Modem, do you also have a router.

If you can post back with a bit clearer info we'll try to help.

Regards

Well my laptop is a sony vio. I was using my linksys wireless router card to my router and it was connected to the rca modem. I came home and week before last and it would not connect. We took the wireless router out of the picture and just connected the modem directly to my computer via ethernet. I have a dell computer that is hooked up to it now via ethernet and I have no issues but it will not connect on my laptop wireless or ethernet.

Cable modem is RCA dcm425
Wireless Router is Linksys wireless G Router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back