Help with my new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i got my new pc..its a 1.6a o/c to 2.2 with asus p4s533 mb.

WHen i run the asus probe my fan monitors say cpu fan below threshold. I get this for cpu and chasis fan. how fast are they supposed to be? also the voice error program loads and i flashed the voices to the bios but i dont hear anything? what is wrong? i turned on hardware monitoring in the bios.

also i have an antek s1000 case.. How do i clip the cdrom and dvd rom to the case? when i screw the clips onto the cdrom i cant slide it all the way into the case, the shiny metal part gets caught on the cases little metal piece how do i get around this?

also what should my agp aperture size be and should i turn on fast writes in the bios? i have a gf ti4200 card?

Thanks for your help guys.

eek

1.6 to 2.2? thats quite a jump if you ask me, and i think a little too risky. your fan might be below threshold because your processor is slowly melting it.

and about this " when i screw the clips onto the cdrom i cant slide it all the way into the case, the shiny metal part gets caught on the cases little metal piece how do i get around this?"

...?

/me is running P4A 1.6@2.2 too :)
Are your fans connected to the right power connectors (the ones your monitoring app is checking)?
I don't remember how fast my CPU fan was running but I set it to use 7 volts to be less noisy. Temperature goes to about 53C at full load now.
I'd set AGP aperture size to about 32-128M, depending on the amount of main memory. It's not much needed these days as gfx cards itself have 64/128M memory. If your computer doesn't lock up during 3D when using fast writes, enable them. It speeds things up somewhat (at least here).

ASUS Probe is telling you your CPU Fan is under threshold simply because you have your CPU fan is either connected directly to your power supply, or your threshold is set incorrectly. If you're getting a reading for both of these fans, move your threshold bar (the green one, I think) down below the fan speed graph line.
If that's not the case than I think your fans are attached directly to your power supply, which would render Probe useless for them since it detects fan speed through the system board.
Also, to how fast fans are supposed to see, it depends entirely on the model of fan.

Originally posted by Vehementi
ASUS Probe is telling you your CPU Fan is under threshold simply because you have your CPU fan is either connected directly to your power supply, or your threshold is set incorrectly. If you're getting a reading for both of these fans, move your threshold bar (the green one, I think) down below the fan speed graph line.
If that's not the case than I think your fans are attached directly to your power supply, which would render Probe useless for them since it detects fan speed through the system board.
Also, to how fast fans are supposed to see, it depends entirely on the model of fan.

well im getting 3100 on my cpu fan and 2177 on my chassis fan which is out of threshhold. cpu is 40c and mb is 26 c so i think the temp of the mb and cpu is fine right? maybe i should o/c some more.. how do i get it higher? i think im at 133 no go for what next? and up the vcore? im at 1.54 on the vcore.

Hm, CPU fan runs @ 2400 rpm here, just checked from BIOS after I changed it to use the original connector.
Temperatures seem fine, nyorker. If the system isn't stable when you increase FSB, try increasing vcore a bit too.
My system (Abit BD7 + P4A 1.6 w/ PC2700 memory) runs now as follows:
137 MHz FSB
37 MHz PCI
75 MHz AGP
1:1 memory speed ratio
VCore 1.625v
Mem voltage 2.7v
mem CAS 1.5

CPU won't go much higher with this cooling. I managed to run this @ 147 MHz for a while, though, but it's unstable in the long run.

Re: eek

Originally posted by eveneannenevs
1.6 to 2.2? thats quite a jump if you ask me, and i think a little too risky. your fan might be below threshold because your processor is slowly melting it.

The Pentium IV Northwood core CPUs are well known for being very overclockable. With the default Intel heatsink most 1.6A processors can go over 2Ghz. I don't think melting his CPU is a consideration.

also i have an antek s1000 case.. How do i clip the cdrom and dvd rom to the case? when i screw the clips onto the cdrom i cant slide it all the way into the case, the shiny metal part gets caught on the cases little metal piece how do i get around this?

Erm what? :confused: ;)

I think the Antek case is atually a Chieftec case with a different PSU.

I have a Chieftec case myself. Here are some "instructions" from the Chieftec site :

1. Open side panel

0384.jpg

2. Open the front door

0382.jpg

3. Take off the door

0389.jpg

4. Screw 5.25" rail in driver

0398.jpg

5. Push 5.25" driver into chassis

0387.jpg

6. Put front bezel in chassis

0388.jpg

Originally posted by Arris

Just put your face closer to the screen :haha:

/me gets closer to the screen

*BUMP*

Ouch. I think at moments like these, I should be wearing my glasses.;)

Originally posted by Mictlantecuhtli
Hm, CPU fan runs @ 2400 rpm here, just checked from BIOS after I changed it to use the original connector.
Temperatures seem fine, nyorker. If the system isn't stable when you increase FSB, try increasing vcore a bit too.
My system (Abit BD7 + P4A 1.6 w/ PC2700 memory) runs now as follows:
137 MHz FSB
37 MHz PCI
75 MHz AGP
1:1 memory speed ratio
VCore 1.625v
Mem voltage 2.7v
mem CAS 1.5

CPU won't go much higher with this cooling. I managed to run this @ 147 MHz for a while, though, but it's unstable in the long run.

why is your vcore so hi? im at 1.50 running a 1.6 at 2.1 ghz.. 133fsb..mem timings 4:6 and sandra shows a fast memory benchmark. how can i tell my mem voltage and mem case like u did? i cant find this on sandra mem benchmark.. I have no clue what my mem timing is and voltage. All i know is that im running 4:6 on the bios? Oh and how can i tell my pci mhz ? i see that u have posted that also?

As stability decreases when speeds are pushed to the limit, increasing voltages help, like in my case.
All that information was found in BIOS, not by using any applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back