Help with my siig firewire driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there, hope your all ok

I have a sony micro dv camcorder, and i instaled all the movie shaker software etc..

I went out and bought a firewire cable, and also a siig 3 port 1394 (firewire) I/O card.

i run windows 2000 professional

i instaled the hardware, turned on my computer, and the box said windows 2000 should auto instal drivers etc, it didnt.

all that came up was the instal new hardware wizard, and it was telling me the new hardware found was "muultimedia audio device"

which is wrong, because its not is it?

anyway, there are no drivers avalible for it, and siig's website wont let you download the driver i need becasue it says windows 2000 already has it built in, i have updated to service pack 4 etc, still no luck

can anybody help me out here?

also if this matters, my sound card seems to have been uninstaled in the process? i have no idea whats going on

Does the box say the card is OHCI? OHCI firewire cards are industry-standard and do not require drivers.

If SIIG is using their own firewire chipset, then drivers would be required.

If it is asking for multimedia audio device, perhas your sound card is not fully installed? Have you tried the firewire ports? If you plug in a firewire device, it should begin detecting the device at the very least, if your firewire card is already installed.

It will also be listed in device manager.

its ok, i have simply took the card back and got another one

the same problem accured, and windows 2000 did not instal it auto, but it said in the instructions about windows recognising it as "texas instruments" it did not, but that meant i could download the texas instrument driver. its now instaled, and i have captured the movie perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back