Help with new ADSL please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomrice32

Hi, I have Windows 98SE and I just switched o broadband. I have a Sagem USB ADSL modem. I have everything set up right as it all works fine, but after a while of use my computer suddenly reboots. It didn't do this before I had the new connection and it is very annoying if i'm in the middle of something. Has anyone got any ideas as to what might cause this? Thanks :grinthumb

Also i've just realised I have something wrong with a sound driver or something and i cant play any sounds either:confused: :( someone please help i really gota sort this out especially the rebooting thing

Well, I'm unaware of any problems associated with DSL modems and rebooting probelms, but if you have another option than USB... i would use that instead.

Rather than USB, most modems can be configured to work through a network cable. This is often easier to deal with and just better, eliminating the possiblility of software problems.

The modem is USB only, I have managed to sort out the sound problems but there is still a problem with the computer shutting itself down. Maybe it is a hardware clash or something like that? If anyone has any ideas please let me know, thanks for the network cable idea but it's USB only.

ARe you sure it is the modems fault? Try running your computer without the internet connection for a while. (that is if you are able to live without internet for more than 3 hours)

Do you have a firewall and intivirus installed? Broadband is the easiest way to catch virii and all sorts of other nasty things.

OK I found no viruses on my computer, I called my ISP and they helped me change some settings on the modem thanx for ur replies all sorted now though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back