Help with onboard video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownstomp

Hi...i have a serious problem....!!!!
my brand new computer components i bought are tested and work...expect that when i put them all together no video comes up on the monitor...the computer replies that it is working but i see nothing.
:knock:
it came with onboard video and i was wondering if there is anything i need to do to activate that video or anything?
Thanks

ya ofcourse you'll have to deactivate your onboard video.either by a jumper or bios.check your mobo documentation.from the bios screen(which you can boot upto by using the onboard video)deactivate the onboard video or set it to disable,also on the option that says init display first select your video card port(agp,pci)thats about it.

the thing is i have no other video cards just this mobo with the onboard....the mobo is a PCCHIPS Mainboard m947 and it has Xabre 200 GPU with 64mb DDR graphics memory

yes the monitor works on my primary computer which i am on right now..the video is screwed up on my secondary comp

Please can you fill in your full system specs in user profile at the top of any page, just click on edit profile.

Please include the operating system you are using as well.

Try diconnecting anything that is not needed and try booting the machine with only the Ram CPU and HDD plus Monitor.

When you say that the computers says that it`s working, what do you mean exactly?

You also say that all the components are tested and working, How do you know this to be true?

If your HDD has been used with a different mobo then it will need formatting and a full reinstallation of Windows in order to work with your new mobo.

This is because the HDD will contain the drivers for the old mobo which wont work with the new mobo.

Regards Howard :) :)

I am using Windows XP Home...everything turns on and it seems like everything is working correctely....all the components are brand new there is no old stuff in there...Ill try re-formatting my HDD cuz i think i tried it in my other comp...

In that case check all connections and cables.

Also check that there is nothing shorting the mobo case etc.

Did you use thermal paste when you put the cpu and heatsink together?

Are you getting any beeps?

If after doing all that you still have no joy then maybe your mobo is bad.

Regards Howard :cool:

i dont get any beeps im running the computer barebones right now and still no luck. There is thermal paste between the cpu and heatsink. I also tried putting in another video card on the mobo and still no display...thanks very much for helping me even thought it still doesnt work so it probably is a bad mobo or cpu...is there anyway to fix this?? so i dont have to buy a bunch of new stuff again?

If you computer components are brand new you should be able to return them for either a replacement or a refund.

Could you possibly try your cpu etc in another system?

Regards Howard :) :)

i tried my cpu in my main computer that i am on right now....i think that it may be a conflict between the RAM and the cpu that i order...the manuals that came with the mobo and cpu werent all that great on explaining things....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back