Help with Sandisk U3 cruzer micro usb 512MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm new and this is my first post on Techspot, so please bear with me...
My problem is that whenever I plug this cruzer, it reads fine and I can see it in the my computer window, then the U3 software loads up and says "an error occured while initializing U3 launchpad: drive is unavailable or unformatted. Launchpad will close now, please format the drive, disconnect the device and try again." I tried but windows cannot complete the format for some reason...I've tried using kill_disk to erase the drive so I can then format it, but It closes up with an error report afterwards...every recovery software I've used keeps saying "bad sectors" and such...My last hope was to use the HP USB Disk storage format tool, and it finds the disk and starts, but then displays a message saying:"device media is write protected" anyone know how I can bypass this? or have any ways of solving this problem?or some software I haven't tried? please help ASAP!

Umm...Okay, just a little update...I managed to rid myself of that stupid U3 software on the flash drive...so that write protection crap is gone...now...windows reads the drive as (E:) but when I try to open it it says"please insert a disk into drive E:." when I try to format now it says..."no disk in drive E:. Plase insert a disk and then try again." Any suggestions?

Looking at your machine specs I see two hard drives (probably C: and D:) and I assume you have at least one optical drive (probably E:). If this info is correct then open up your disk management tool while the device is plugged in and assign it a different drive letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back