HELP with *** STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8057B355, 0xEFCB1BA4, 0x00000000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need help with this whenever i try to play a game called Drift City, i get this *** STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8057B355, 0xEFCB1BA4, 0x00000000) i Have: Toshiba Laptop Satellite L25, Windows XP SP3 Home edition, Intel Celeron M processor 1.50 Ghz, FUJITSU MHV2060AH Drive, ATI Radeon Xpress 200m Display adapter
Please help

Looks like a memory issue. How much memory is installed. That Celeron Toshiba has a slow processor and cannot handle much.

You would benefit from more memory. That laptop will handle 2 GB, with 1 GB in each slot... Take out your old modules and sell them or save them for troubled times. You can get two modules of good Crucial, Buffalo, or Infineon memory (among others) of DDR2 PC2-5300 memory for $30 a module.
How much space is remaining on the 60 GB hard drive? When you are down to 9.35 GB remaining, it is considered full... then it quickly reduces in effectiveness until it quits. So it might be time to install a 100 or 120 or 180 GB hard drive (or larger) as well.

Raybay, you said
Looks like a memory issue.
Why??? It's just as likely a driver problem or BIOS or hardware compatibility as possibly memory.

To 1danny1032: increasing your memory is worthwhile (if you're keeping the computer) just cuz you'll get better performance in return for the cost (and memory's not alot of cost) but understand the odds are that replacing memory won't fix the problem (maybe it will, but likely not, as i see it)

Raybay also said
How much space is remaining on the 60 GB hard drive? When you are down to 9.35 GB remaining, it is considered full...
NO! I've explained that before. If you insist on giving that advice then can you at least justify it??? Let me explain (AGAIN) in more detail:
> The Windows disk defragger requires 15% free space before it can defrag optimally. However, THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU MUST HAVE 15% FREE SPACE OR YOUR DISK IF FULL!!!

1) Windows will continue to run fine with just 1GB or 1.5GB. Absolutely! (other then maybe a bit slower if you aren;'t defragging) . As to defragging, in fact, you can find 3rd party defraggers like Diskeeper and Perfect Disk that state they can defrag with only 1% free space!!!! (i wouldn't recommend 1% but the underlying point here is that it's a DEFRAG issue and NOT a disk is full issue!)

So Raybay, if you can present a technical case otherwise, please do so. (and NO, telling me to go Gurgle the answer myself is not acceptable)

/* edit */
Raybay, to be absolutely clear and to the point: having less then 15% free space does NOT start causing system crashes/problems/etc as you tell people. (Besides a new defragger is also cheaper then a new disk drive! LOL)

yeah i need more ram since my computer recently said my virtual memory is low and maybe a new hard drive

One added point 1danny1032:

While you can use more memory to help performance (as i mentioned above), note this is not the same as the virtual memory problem you stated.

"Virtual" memory is actually disk space! Physical memory is the 512KB (i'm guessing) you have installed. Virtual memory is actually disk space!!
> Windows actually needs more memory then the physical memory installed (this is true even when you increase your physical memory)
> Virtual memory (which is stored on disk) is everything that "appears" to be running in memory
> Programs that are actually running must be in physical memory. (Programs not running but have the "illusion" of still being in memory are kept on virtual memory
> One added reason for performance being slower with low physical memory is windows spends that much more time swapping things back and forth between physical <=> Virtual

To fix your Virtual Memory problem see here and increase the size of virtual memory. When you add more physical memory you'll want to increase virtual memory again

Yea, IJJI Drift City is nothing, More memory would be beneficial, but for Drift City you should be able to get by with the 512.

It seems like no one is focusing on helping with your problem, try downloading the latest drivers for your Graphics chip.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...x?type=2.7&product=2.7.5.3.4.3.2&lang=English

The link to download is at the bottom of this page^^

Report back afterwards.

@LookinAround
I'm sure you are brilliant with what you do, I'm sure you are full of knowledge alot of people on here can use, but there is no need to flame someone's suggestion as you did raybay. Maybe he considers the drive full at 15% remaining, I know I've run disks down to 1gb or less remaining and it wasn't an ideal solution.

Perhaps it doesn't cause crashes as he said, perhaps it does, Ive experienced crashes on customer computers with full hard drives but i cant say it was attributed to the full drive, but you are missing the point here, this person needs help with this problem, not to read you explaining why someone is wrong.

But you did provide one useful link to show them how to clear up the virtual memory problem, so your posts werent completely useless.

And Im sure I'll get a good flaming from you, but personally I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back