Help with video capture card please help!

Dec 12, 2006
  1. Well i currentley have a SAA7130 TV Card now i can get it to hook to my tv and get the tv shows to show on my pc screen but i dont want that.i want to have my ps2 shown on my pc screen instead the only problem is my ps2 etc is running through component i have a dell hdtv now how can i run the wires so its getting the gameplay on my pc screen please help!

so can any one help?how can i set the capture card to display the component channel on my pc?please....
  2. Azraelscross

Azraelscross TS Rookie

if my search is right that card doesn't have component inputs. your only options are s-video or composite. another option bypasses the computer completely and thats a VGA box. but thats only if the monitor has a VGA input

RUDEBWOY TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 160

very lame so if i wanted to watch ps2 or ps3 and record it on my pc etc i would have to get a new capture card ?if so can u show me one that had component inputs etc
  4. Azraelscross

Azraelscross TS Rookie

you wouldn't have to get a new card. you just have to use older composite or s-video. which should be enough for ps2 because most ps2 games can't output anything above 480i. even the ones at 480p don't gain much*if anything at all* from component over s-video

RUDEBWOY TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 160

wont work if i use composoite for a hdtv it looks very crappy and blury so either way im still stuck on component.
  6. Azraelscross

Azraelscross TS Rookie

depends what your video card outputs. if your going
    Game System -> Computer -> HDTV

there shouldn't be too much of a problem. depending on the program your using to display/record on the computer and depending on what your card outputs. but thats getting out of my area i know well so other may be able to elaborate on that

and as i said. like 98% of ps2 games use 480i. EDTV is 480p and HDTV is 720p and above. it shouldn't be making a big difference. the look depends on how good the scaler on your tv is. but i'm probably talking in circles anyways. i tend to do that
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.