Help with volume control-very quiet, main control unnefective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I've been searching for a solution to this volume problem for a while now, but to no avail. I've found others with a similar problem, but no solution. So here's the deal: I just got a new motherboard, and ever since I got it my volume control has been faulty. First of all, all sounds are very quiet, even when all volume sliders are set to maximum. Next the main volme control has no effect whatsoever on the volume of the computer. I can can slide it all the way to the top, or all the way to the bottom, nothing changes. The only thing that makes any difference is the Wave control and it barely does anything. Also, when I put "Mute all"...it doesn't mute. However when I put mute for Wave control, no sound comes out.
All this is incredibly annoying because I often listen to music on my computer, but now I basically can't hear it. To note: I don't have a volume control on my keyboard, or on my speakers, and I know nothing is wrong with the speakers.

If anyone could help, I would really, really appreciate it. Thanks :)

Do you have any other soundcard-like devices like a USB headset?
Do you have the latest drivers for your soundcard installed? Please check the motherboard maker's website.
Did you get some special program with the motherboard drivers that would give you more control over sound than the Windows standard volume utility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back