Help with web browser (IE and firefox issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krooklyn

I have a laptop. it is an HP pavillion. the OS is windows vista 64-bit. Lately it has given me issues trying to acces certain web pages in both IE and Firefox. The pages I have noticed the problems on are Yahoo games, and gamesville. all I want to do is play Euchre online, but after loggin in on (in internet explorer, not sure the version I have)either site it redirects me to a page that says, "we were unable to return you to yahoo.com," at the same time the tab at the top says "this tab has been recovered.. a problem with this webpage has caused IE to close and reopen this webpage." in Firefox it just closes the browser. I dont know why it wont let me access either site to play. It access' both pages with no problems on my roomates labtop, but hes always playing poker, so I can rarely get on there to play. Something has to be wrong with my PC. I have run Norton Symantic, Spybot search and destroy, uniblue registry fixer, and they all come up clean, with the exception of uniblue which always tells me there is an error by the end of every day. if i run it weekly, multiple errors come up, but they always say they are fixed when I click repair. I have also tried a few suggestions others made when I google the, "this tab has been recovered," fix. none of them work, I have reset my IE settings and still nothing. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to help in advance if you can.

Delete all the temporary files from your browser's cache. Also please follow these 8 steps process, and post your logs in Virus and Malware Removal Section for review and further advice.

how do I delete the files from my browsers cache? is that just deleting the history? because I do that daily. I will follow the 8 steps. Thank you for your help, I will let you know how it goes.

when you delete browsing history it gives you option to choose what you want to delete (in Tools Menu, then to Internet Options).

thats what I thought. But either way I just decided to format my computer. It was having too many issues, and I was getting sick of windows vista, so I decided to just go back to windows 7. Everything works great now. Except that my primary internal battery needs to be replaced. and I think one of my fans too because my computer overheats very quickly. So I guess I just gotta order some online or bring my computer in. It is still under warranty. Thanks for the advice though. I plan on keeping up with the maintenance from now on and hopefully I can keep ahead of the issues. I appreciate all the time you have spent to help.

Good luck and as this machine is in warranty period don't mess with it, instead let the concerned support people handle it. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back