By tribalfears
Jan 8, 2007
  1. My computer must have caught a virus recently, windows kept stalling out on me. It would boot up fine, after windows wouldn't let me do anything. I reformatted the hdd, did a clean install of windows, got all the drivers loaded...then I get to the device manager and I see that my dvd-burner wasn't there and my on-board audio controller wasn't working. The drivers were installed for the audio controller, but no luck...even with an updated driver. As far as the dvd drive, I have to manually install it every time I reboot windows.

I'm having to use another computer for the time being, seeing as now my keyboard won't even work. I've reformatted 2 hdd's and installed windows on both and get the same result on both hdd's.

It's an ECS mobo, not the best in the world, I know...but it came with the cpu. Does anyone know what is going on, or is the problem the mobo and just replace it with a better one?
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

It looks like you may have a ram problem.

Google and get memtest and run it for at least seven passes, if it comes up with any errors at all then your RAM is bad.
  3. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

or take a shortcut and follow my link below.... :)

So i gather you've downloaded the available updated driver set from the ECS motherboard site for your model?
  4. tribalfears

tribalfears TS Rookie Topic Starter

I'll give the memtest a shot...I updated all the drivers I could for all my hardware
  5. tribalfears

tribalfears TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok, memtest took forever and didn't get to finish. I ended up getting a "Blue screen of death" error that I don't even remember what it said. Anyway, I went to Realtek's website to dl an updated driver...that fixed the audio problem. As far as the dvd drive, I put in an 80 pin IDE cable, seems to be working so far.

Thanks for the tips!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.