Hi I am a new comer: Anybody know about Belkin router fixes???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to but now can no longer communicate with my Belkin F5D7230-4 router. I can reach the internet through it but when I seek out that routers home configuration page at Http://192.168.2.1 my browser just times out.
Also, the wireless light never comes on the router as before. The setup software stops at the error: "cannot communicate with router" Belkin phone support said it was due to a problem with my tc/ip on my Compaq Presario EZ2200 Windows 98Se desktop. And that I should go away and fix that first.
I did not know where to go with that as my computer is from the year 2000 and is too old for hardware support.
Any help or hints would be appreciated,
haskala.

Although I doubt it, perhaps your Internet browser is too outdated to view the configuration page?

www.getfirefox.com and open up 192.168.2.1 in the latest version of Firefox - it will work if an old browser is to blame.

Belkin phone support said it was due to a problem with my tc/ip
This is most likely a bogus response by someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. Your 'TCP/IP' obviously works if you're able to get online; Any half-wit tech support person can figure that out.

Is it possible your Belkin router was configured using a different IP range? Go to Start and Run. Type in command. In the command window, type in ipconfig /all. What's displayed? The 'Gateway' address listed should be the address of your router. I want to check this just in case the IP of the router was set differently than the default (which is typically 192.168.2.1 for Belkin).

you can rebuild nic setup
remove nic uninstall device
add nic install software
do you use a static nic config
I would
in router use reset button with it disconnected from the WAN
with poer off add WAN then power on
add the LAN cable to nic type in your router ip
192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

Thanx Rick for that novel idea about switching from internet explorer 6 to the latest firefox browser and then try. I will try that next and get back to you.
I just tried the Ipconfig /release_all and then saw the second adapter reset to all zeros. Then I connected the router only to my desktop pc computer and the power cord and held down the router reset button and then held it more while I pulled the router power plug out. When I replugged the power on the router all the good lights including wireless and internet lights came on.
But while I was trying to connect the browser to http://192.168.2.1 then the internet light started flashing and went out.
I disconnected everything and reconnected just my cable modem to my desktop pc so that I could connect with you and this forum again for more ideas and update you on my trials.
I need to get a little shut eye,
but I will try the firefox and maybe repeat what I just did, and report back very soon.
Thanx again Rick and you too, Samstoned,
haskala.

Well, if you're using IE6, that shouldn't be an issue. So you can forget about Firefox - although I'd still try it to eliminate the possibility of something being wrong with your browser.

If the Internet light goes out when you visit your config page, this is certainly unexpected behavior. My initial assumption would be your router is failing.

Hard resetting it like Samstoned mentioned could be a good idea, but you need to be familiar with how to set up your router again so you can connect to your Internet service. Then, there's the possibility you won't still be able to get into the config page - that could put you in quite a pickle if you router doesn't connect automatically to your ISP without configuration.

To reset your Belkin router, you may have to unplug the unit, hold the reset button, plug it back in and wait about 5 seconds. That should reset it, in case your previous attempt didn't work.

How long have you had the router? It may still be under warranty. If so, call Belkin tech support, tell them your problem, and tell them that resetting doesn't work. when I had problems with my Belkin router, they sent me a new router free of charge because my reset button was broken.

Belkin Basic 54G wireless router with 1 ant avoid it!
Belkin Plus 54G High Speed 125Mbp with 2 ant is worst then the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back