Hi Ppl, I Need Ur Help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows Media Center Edition 2005 having problem with ICS

I recently installed a Windows Media Center Edition 2005 software on my PC, and i could not start the windows firewall/internet connection service even though i have tried starting it through control panel/administrative tools/services. it keeps popping up with "Error 1075: The dependecy service does not exist or has been marked for deletion" . i have two operating systems on one pc (windows Xp and Windows Media Center 2005). i dont know if there could be a conflict.

PLS HELP ME!!!

Oh!! i have not yet installed any anti-virus or firewall, just a spyware and Windows Defender!!

Hi Nagoya and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

First go into 'services.msc'. Check to make sure that the services "Network Connections", "Windows Management Instrumentation" and "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)" have started (right-click each of these services > Properties. Check where it says 'Service status'). If it is not, click on the 'Start' button on that screen.

Additionally, check where it says 'Startup type' to ensure that each of these are set to "Automatic".

Now try starting the Firewall.

Regards

still not working!!

Thanks for ur solution, Ididmyc600. but it still did not work, i got fed up and started starting all the services in 'services.msc'. can u suggest anything else.

Hi

You need to find out what dependancies are failing to start, it sounds like some kind of corruption in the OS.

Under Services.MSC look at the part labelled windows firewall ( i think its ICS) and see what dependancies it has, see also what these are dependant on, it might be easier to write them down, then take a look at the working OS and see what the difference is.

Regards

i've checked!!!

i think its the corruption on the os cos when i look at it (dependencies screen), it says "dependencies: class not registered".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back