high resolution not working on card(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

I have an MSI K7N2 Delta2 MB with 3 sticks of 512MB memory PC 3200

I'm running a maddog FX 5500 card that in higher resolutions the graphics are scrambled.

I swapped the card with an ATI 9200 card and got the same problem.

This problem cropped up recently - it was working fine at first.

The maddog card is back in. I have had the MB replaced and still the same problem.
I'm running Win XP pro. I have run out of options... I think it is driver related.

I cannot see high resolution graphics on internet web pages (like pictures on a web page)

It's getting really annoying... I can't figure it out. I have even reloaded windows onto the hard drive and started from scratch and still have the same problems.

Can anybody help? Both graphics cards are new.

anything above 1162x864. The problem is most noticable with the regular XP wallpaper. I have yellow blocks scattered around. When I open up explorer, any photos on a web page are totally scrambled. Mozilla won't even load.

The monitor works fine. I have used it on my old system with much higher resolutions. I have RMA'ed the card back to the manufacturer. I had already RMA'ed the motherboard and the replacement MB gave me the same problem. Since all the drivers are current, I have no other alternative except to assume the card is faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back