High temperatures on AMD CPU?

ace2001

Hello guys,
I built myself a new PC and it is pretty loud so I am worried I didn't made a good seal between thermal paste and a CPU, I use a stock AMD cooler and the CPU is AMD Athlon X4 760K, no overclocking.
Max temperatures that my BIOS showed was I think 69°C-71°C.
Should I be worried and should I replace thermal paste or it's all OK?
Thanks in advance. :D

That seems a bit hot. AMD recommends that the 760K stay below 74C and you are approaching that point. I would recommend putting $35 into a Hyper 212 Evo. that will ensure cool temps on the cheap.

Neither Intel or AMD stock coolers are worth the sweat it took to build them. the Hyper 212 Evo should help.

Neither Intel or AMD stock coolers are worth the sweat it took to build them. the Hyper 212 Evo should help.
There is nothing wrong with stock coolers, under normal conditions for the average user. One look at your signature and I fully understand why you would make that statement. Folding@home is not a normal condition or a project an average user participates in. In fact Folding@home makes one very prejudice against stock coolers.

Hello guys,
I built myself a new PC and it is pretty loud so I am worried I didn't made a good seal between thermal paste and a CPU, I use a stock AMD cooler and the CPU is AMD Athlon X4 760K, no overclocking.
Max temperatures that my BIOS showed was I think 69°C-71°C.
Should I be worried and should I replace thermal paste or it's all OK?
Thanks in advance. :D
Would not worry, that's about average for a stock cooler in all honesty under load.

Unless you want to overclock, I would just stick with what you have!

Back