Higher than 1024 by 768?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ,
I am using an acer travelmate 4150
in which the resolution only goes up by 1024 by 768. (slider is all the way up)
Is it possible to make it higher ?
my graphics chipset is Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
if you need any more information just inform me

Thanks in advance!

The graphics chipset may be unable to drive a display resolution greater than 1024x768. I'd say buy a graphics card, but that's not really an option on a laptop :(

I had the same question just a while back. Make sure that your monitor is able to go to higher resolution. Mine wasn't.

i only have 2 modes, the highest is 1024 BY 768.
i only want to know, if there's some way i could do something to make the resolution go higher than 1024 BY 768.
oh and one more thing, my video memory suddenly changed from 128mb to 64 mb.
i uninstalled and then reinstalled the driver, but it still says the same thing.

Any ideas on any of these topics would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

The max resolution cannot be changed
There was a thread here a long time ago, which a user had a similar issue and didd manage to change the resolution (through editing system files) But I can't find the thread!

Regarding the memory change
You are best to reset your Bios Settings to Defaults
Normally you will see a prompt at system startup, to allow you to get to this setup screen

A Graphics Card that supports a bigger resolution is required, but even then, your monitor might not be able to handle it.

anybody? please!
The answer is no.

There has been some mention of your graphics card, drivers, ect in this thread, but I think some of them came from people thinking you had a desktop and not a 'notebook', and others maybe assume you are hooking up an external monitor rather than using the one with the notebook.

The way I read the thread is you want to make your screen resolution on that notebook higher, and you aren't hooking up another monitor to it.

If that is the case, and I'm sure it is, you can't do it. That notebook's screen resolution is maxed at 1024x768, there is absolutely no way to get around that period. You can run smaller resolutions on it fine because some pixels are 'shared', but that screen has 1024 pixels horizontally and 768 vertically, those are physical limitations.

Don't believe me? Check out these 2 pages I found, I'm sure I could find a hundred more, but I don't think I need to.
Link 1
Link 2

Now the graphics chipset inside that notebook is capable of much higher, in fact it looks like it can do 2048 x 1536 @ 85/75/70/66/60 Hz. But the deal is you have to connect a monitor to that (probably has a dvi out (or maybe a minidvi)). You won't ever be able to do that resolution with the screen that came with it.

ok thanks for the information everybody
although it sucks that i am stuck at such a low screen resolution
my problem regarding the memory change was solved when i changed back to my bios version of v.1.8
still if anyone out there has any ideas how to go above the allowed screen resolution, i would like to know.

Thanks for the update :grinthumb

And why is it that SNGX1275 (with more detail and reference)
says the same as me (as per my replies) But now, everyone knows :confused:

I'll reply with reference next time ! ;)

Thanks for the update :grinthumb

And why is it that SNGX1275 (with more detail and reference)
says the same as me (as per my replies) But now, everyone knows :confused:

I'll reply with reference next time ! ;)

Heh. Well, what happened in this case (and this isn't the only time this has happened), is I get to threads after they already have a ton of replies. And maybe someone did reply with something correct before but the way it was stated for whatever reason didn't take. Thats when I get to come in, and play the hero, and pretend I'm wise and interpret the thoughts of the OP (because I've seen the reactions to previous statements) then restate what needs to be said, but in different terms. Plus links never hurt :) (also, being back in grad school for the 2nd time I really get hammered into me the importance of citing your sources).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back