Not open for further replies.

macx

Hijacked Gmail - HJT Log Attached

Friend of mine with XP who uses MSN and Gmail has found that someone
has been able to use his email to send emails, and he said he has read other
Gmail users with the same problem. He says his security is something called
WebRoot, something I've never heard of.

About 2 weeks ago we went thru the 8 step process and found very little in
any of the scans, nothing more than tracking cookies etc, but he has recently found that the email hijacking is still occurring. I don't know enough to tell if anything that came up in HJT might be related.

Should we re-do HJT and post a log?

Thanks!

WebRoot SpySweeper is a very good paid antispyware program. Works very well if it is uptodate in payments.

The answer to your question is yes, a new HJT log might be helpful. Of course we will not know until we see it.

For the Gmail account , pick a new password that is more difficult to crack. Some of what is going on is direct access of accounts and not a hack that uses your computer to steal the password.
[edit] - Searching for "Gmail hacked" shows security flaw with Gmail where sniffers intercept cookie with session ID for non-secure access to account.

Not too likely, without more info... anything can happen, and obviously does. But it would be helpful to take a look at your logs.
If you can, post your HiJackThis log
You might want to consider the 8 Steps that works well at TechSpot... which involves a series of scans, then posting the results here for the gwhiz people to look at.

As I said in 1st post, we did the 8 steps a couple weeks ago and his email hijacking has continued.

He did change his password tonight, before I read this, so we'll see if that helps.

In the meantime, attached is his HJT log using the latest version.

Really appreciate any help!!

This is just to bump it to the top so it's near the post where I tried to attach the log but the forum wouldn't let me becuz it's already attached here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back