HJT log attached, have followed instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadof3

Please review the attached HJT log. I have followed all of the instructions provided prior to posting this log. Updated and ran all virus and adware as reccomended. Thank you for your reply.

Regards,
Paul

Dadof3

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of Dadof3 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

before your hjt can be seen to, please go HERE, your hjt version is out of date. it is important to change the name of hijack this as there are nasties that hide from it. hurry back.

As tomrca pointed out, it it very important that you change the name of hijackthis as per the instructions. I also need to see your AVG antispyware log!!

Quoted from your log - C:\Program Files\Hijack This\HijackThis.exe

This thread is for the use of Dadof3 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

renamed HJT to HJT1991 and log attached

renamed HJT and new log attached.

When I ran the AVG it had 12 items that it quarantined or deleted. I did not save a log, but will re-run it and this time save a log file. It is running in the background and when I log onto SBC, it is telling me that Backdoor.Win32 is trying to log in remotely or something of this nature. I have tried to delete it several times as well as the Win32.Agent.aaw.

thank you for reviewing the new HJT log file.

Paul.

Theres no log attached!!

First off, get AVG to quarantine all the entries and the delete them from quarantine.

Then get the LATEST VERSION of hijackthis and post a new log.

HJT latest version

I went to the link provided for HJT and I downloaded what I thought was the latest version. Is there a later version than 1.99?

1.99.1 is the latest version, its very very important that you use it as it is able to detect more than 1.99.

new log attached

I hope this is correct. I deleted the old version of HJT, went to the site and downloaded the latest version. The new log is attached. I also went back in to AVG and deleted everything in Quarantene (30 files!)

Thank you for your reply,

Paul.

Your HJT log shows that you are not running any aintvirus software, this is a huge security risk.
You should download either the free AVG or Avast antivirus programmes from within this link - https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ - but not both.

You then need to update which ever scanner you choose then run a full system scan.

You also need to update your windows at www.microsoft.com.

Once all that is done you need to post a fresh HJT log.

Update Windows???

I understand the need to install a new anti-virus software. I had Norton installed for several years and updated regularly until it began to give me problems.

I have no intention upon installing a new version of windows on this particular computer as I dont want any new hardware issues or software issues that is associated with upgrading windows. I need this computer to last me until I upgrade to Vista within the next 6 months.

Are you able to respond to any of the HJT log files that I have submitted as to irregularites on the log file? I have been waiting for your comments patiently.

Thank you,

Paul.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

sysvx.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

O2 - BHO: Microsoft Explorer - {3756900C-91CD-8645-BCA1-A735810F4101} - C:\WINNT\system\swtctl32.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sysvx.exe] C:\WINNT\System32\sysvx.exe

O20 - AppInit_DLLs:

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINNT\System32\sysvx.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Install antivirus and firewall software. Also, download, install and run AVG Antispyware. Instructions for all these can be found HERE.

Run a full system scan with your antivirus programme as well as a full system scan with AVG Antispyware.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

I have at no point told you to install a new version of windows.
What I said was "You also need to update your windows at www.microsoft.com." I used the word UPDATE not install, those are 2 very different things.

If you look above, you`ll see I`ve already given you instructions.

Thank you!

Hi Howard,

Attached are the HJT and AVG Antispyware logs.

We truly appreciate your direction and support.

We wish you and your family along with the entire Techspot team a joyous and healthy holidays.

Paul Fink & Family

Your HJT log is now clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

I`d like to wish you and your family a very merry Xmas.

Hi Howard,

My sons computer has a flashing icon in the system task bar. It gives a system Alert! stating the computer has a virus. when you try to close it out or click on it in anyway, it takes you to a website that is selling Antivirus software called AntiVermins. It wants you to test your system by clicking on a link to them.

I have run AVG and my other antivirus and antispyware software and I cannot clear the problem. I have attached my hijack this log that I ran in safe mode. By this problem loads itself in Safe mode as well.

Thanks for your reply,

Paul.

Sorry, my previous post had an old attachment. Here is the current HJT log file.

Thank you!

Paul.

The system is infected with a trojan etc.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean the system, do the following.

Go HERE and follow the instructions for removing Antivermins.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

still having problems, unable to upload

The tray icon has disappeared, but we are still getting advertising pop ups and the computer is slow to respond. I am unable to attach the new HJT Log or AVG logs. I receive an error message not allowing the upload of the document???

thank you,

Paul

Uploaded New HJT and AVG logs attached

I have run adaware also and it detected some mild interferences to remove. I have attached the HJT log (analyze this) and the AVG log files for your review.

Thank you,

Paul

here are some that you can work on until Howard returns. unless you prefer to wait for Howard
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {EA8299B4-5D53-06DE-76F7-0D45027820EB} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\afr.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {EA8299B4-5D53-06DE-76F7-0D45027820EB} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\afr.dll (file missing)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Eqjnng] C:\Program Files\Common Files\?ecurity\w?wexec.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IpWins] C:\Program Files\ipwins\ipwins.exe

O21 - SSODL: eupeptic - {8670ee50-01f9-47da-ac1e-cf8549e9e521} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\axlet.dll (file missing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back