HJT log please help.

By nerdsGrape
Jul 29, 2006
  1. Hi I was just wondering about HJT and there was a suspicious line that I was wondering about when I googled it I got a link coming to a forum here. Everyone advised him to delete the folders and items. Except i'm not that great and have my HJT log in the attachments if anyone could look over it and tell me as detailed as possible how to remove it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I can find nothing particularly nasty in your log.

If you would like to point out the entry that is concerning you, I`ll be happy to advise.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of nerdsGrape only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
  3. nerdsGrape

nerdsGrape TS Rookie Topic Starter

Right here. O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - Unknown owner - %ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe" -d -f "%ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.ini (file missing). If nothings wrong then ok!
  4. howard_hopkinso

The file you`re referring to is perfectly safe.

See HERE for details.

Regards Howared :)
  5. sw123

sw123 TS Rookie Posts: 595

Howard, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt:

C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe

cause problems sometimes? I've seen it before, so tell me if I'm wrong.
  6. howard_hopkinso

daemon.exe is part of the Daemon tools programme. It is a virtual drive programme and it`s driver d347bus.sys has been known to cause problems on some systems.

However, it is a perfectly legit programme.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.