HJT problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deheerikke

i have the same problem.. i ran hijackthis and kept a log but i dont know what to do now.. can somebody help me?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread in our security and the web forum.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of deheerikke only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

here is my log

so what my problem is, is that whenever i open a folder.. it takes about 5 sec to open it, after the doubleclic.. and all the other programs work just fine.. if i restore the system to another system restore point.. the fault dissapears for a couple of hours.. and then it appears again.. very frustrating..

Your HJT is clean, but that doesn`t necessariliy mean your system is clean.

As a precaution, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post an AVG Antispyware log as an attachment, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of deheerikke only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

i uninstalled everything ; kaspersky antivirus, spysweeper,..
then i installed zonealarm first, then kaspersky antivirus.. there was no problem of the folder..
then i installed spysweeper.. that got me the problem back, so i unistalled it..
but now my boottime is long.. after i type in my password.. i get my background of the desktop, but no icons.. i have to wait like a minute until they load.. i tried to defragment it, tried bootvis, pc booster, tuneup xp.. but nothing worked.. :(

oh yeah.. when i use the online virusscanner.. after like 10min.. my browser automatically shuts down.. weird..

can u help me?

howard_hopkinso said:
Post an AVG Antispyware log as an attachment, only after doing the above.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

D:\Users\m\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\SWVHTAJN\WinRAR_3.61_Final_Cracked_Working_by_etoo_2010[1].rar/Crack\winrar.3.xx.generic.patch.exe<This file is infected.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Let me know if you`re still having problems.

ok, i have deleted it, but the problem remains the same.. very very slow bootup.. after i typed in my password, i have to wait like a minute before all the icons on my desktop loads.. also the icons on the right of my toolbar start very very slow..
whats the problem??

I`m not sure what the problem is. go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps.

well, the other thread did not help.. i played with the program pc booster and this decreased a bit of my boottime.. also i turned off some of the services of xp in services.msc and that also helped..
now its running close to normal :)
but thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back