Hjt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go and read this thread HERE. You will find details of where to get HJT and how to post a log file.

HJT is a small programme that allows us to see what`s running on your system. This is very useful for spotting trojans/spyware etc. It also has the ability to stop certain processes from running and contains a host of useful tools.

If you suspect a virus/spyware etc. Post a HJT log into this thread, I`ll take a look and advise.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum.

Regards Howard :)

Hello.

I think you should kill this:

C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe

but because im not completely sure, dont kill it unless Howard instructs you.

I noticed that program to be suspicious. I havent seen it before... so I'll wait till i get a few other opinions. ^_^ just to be sure k.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

BroadJump\Client Foundation Not nasty, but deffinitely not required. Phones home frequently.

Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager Classified as spyware by some. Not recommended.

AOL Toolbar/aol toolbar 2.0 More unecessary AOL rubbish.

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

CFD.exe
ViewMgr.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R3 - URLSearchHook: AOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll

O2 - BHO: AOL Toolbar Launcher - {7C554162-8CB7-45A4-B8F4-8EA1C75885F9} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll

O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DXDllRegExe] dxdllreg.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html

O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint
C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation

C:\WINDOWS\BCMSMMSG.exe=BCM voicemodem driver. Required for dial-up if you have one of these modems. Not nasty.

cfd.exe is installed from your internet installation disk. It isn`t required for your internet to work and consumes unecessary system resources. Like I said it phones home frequently and may be classed as spyware.

Oh and i have many weirder programs Ill tell them to ya
Lucallbackproxy: 128, 132, 132, 144, 112, 128 k
Svchost.exe: system, local, network: 1868, 1324, 1560, 7804, 1112, 904, 868
i want to know why so many copies

C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuCallbackProxy.exe Part of your Symantec/Norton crapware.

Svchost.exe is a completely legit file and shouldn`t be touched.

^_^ :D Crap ware is good! I dont like anything else better.... >> how do i stop them from running?
And theres too many chosts >< *flooded*
oh and do you know how to tweak ram from bios?

I use norton and it's not crap. But I think Norton 2004 is crap cuz it never detected any viruses even if I was sure I had one.

Rather than asking questions, follow the instructions above.

The best advice I can give you, is to get the free AVG antivirus programme and either the free Zonealarm, or the free Kerio firewall programmes from HERE, HERE and HERE.

Then, disconnect from the net and completely uninstall your Symantec/Norton crapware from add remove programmes in your control panel. You may need to uninstall in several pieces rebooting inbetween.

Once you`ve got rid of that resource hogging, bug ridden crap, install whichever firewall you chose, followed by AVG.

Reboot your computer the required number of times and run the AVG updates.

You will probably notice a performance boost to your system.

Kaorichan2002 said:
the actual question is... do you use this yourself?

I`ve been using AVG for a number of years and have had no problems whatsoever.

The fact is, Symantec/Norton is a crap programme. It`s expensive, it doesn`t do a very good job of detecting and killing viruses, it`s a resource hog that slows down your system, and it`s rather buggy and can cause major system problems.

Most of the regular guys around here, wouldn`t touch Symantec/Norton with a barge pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back