Home Network File Transfer Issues

By bman2005
Jun 25, 2006
  1. Good afternoon everyone.

I am having a small problem on my home network that is driving me if having a home network wasn't enough. Any way, I have everything up and running. Everything sees everything else.... I can download from one machine to the other..

BUT.... I can't upload to the other machine or vice versa! I can only pull not push the data. I can't figure out where the sharing properties are snagging the situation. I have everything shared / users can modify data etc... but to no avail.

Any thoughts? Is this not a sharing issue? Is it a router issue? Zone alarm doesn't appear to be the issues because I shut it down and end up with the same results.

Your held would be much appreciated.

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,153   +598

sounds like the shares are all R/O

what os are you running; XP or XP Pro?
  3. bman2005

bman2005 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

XP Pro. You are right about the R/O. No matter how I set the files R/O or not R/O... as soon as I go back to the properties the box is checked again.

How do I permanetly change the r/o to NOT r/o. Just clicking and changing the properties doesn't actually change the files.

Thanks for the reply.
  4. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,153   +598

xp file perms will be useful to you. You need a Level 5 value
  5. bman2005

bman2005 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 21

Thanks jobeard! I will check it out tonight....

It has to be something associated with permissions.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.