How are these PC Specs (Part 2)

Hello,

I have started this type of forum before. However, after rethinking the parts and using PC Part Picker to help me, I now have very different parts and was wondering if they hold up or not.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 LED 66.3 CFM Rifle Bearing CPU Cooler
RAM/Memory: Kingston - HyperX Fury White 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory
Storage: Western Digital - AV-GP 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Graphics Card/Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card
Computer Case: Raidmax - Viper II ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - B3 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus - DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
Graphics Card: AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable 2, Full HD 1080p60 Recording Without PC Directly to SD Card, Ultra Low Latency, H.264 Hardware Encoding, USB 2.0, High Definition Game Capture, Record, Stream, Plug & Play, Party Chat(GC510 (To make Youtube videos and to stream on Twitch)

In case if your wondering where is the Motherboard, I clicked on, "Choose a Motherboard", and nothing showed up. Either I did something wrong or there is an error on the site. If it is an error on the website, what Motherboard would you recommend? Does it matter what type of monitor(s), mouse, keyboard, headphones, etc. are added on top of all this or it really doesn't?

Anyways if I don't respond after this I just want to say thank you for your input. It is very much appreciated!

There are "ASRock, ASUS, GiGabyte, MSI, and so on"

If you want to buy the motherboard, you have to consider following state:

1] You choose "Ryzen 5 1600". Its soket is "AM4". You have to check the mainboard manufacture homepage to find "AM4 - mainboard"

2] Now, you need to know the mainboard's chip sets:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/317...crucial-differences-in-every-am4-chipset.html

3] If you choose the chip sets, you have to consider change Memory:

For example, If you buy "ASUS - ROG-STRIX-X370-F-GAMING", check "ROG_STRIX_X370-F_GAMING_DRAM_Non-ECC_QVL_20170522" from ASUS's product page.

It shows which memory manufacture and memory size, and etc.
If you want to buy different Manufacture, you have to check their product page.

You have to know "Part Number" from memory,
If you don't know find it.

4] Do you have plan to buy "M.2" ? You have to research yourself.

5] Make sure if your motherboard have "PCI-Express x16", it is Graphic Card Slot.

6] You have to know size of the mainboard. - It is important because of the computer case.

For example, "ASUS - ROG-STRIX-X370-F-GAMING" is "ATX Form Factor - 12" x 9.6" "
You have to check if the computer case can handle the size.

///////////////////////

That's all I know.
I am not going to tell which motherboard is the best because everyone have their own visions.

Also, there are other things that I might forgot.
So, you have to wait other people's reply.

Good Luck with you !

Edit:
Some of my English types were wrong, I just change little.

Last edited:
RAM- change that to at least 1866mhz. Some what suggest a different brand like Corsair or GSkill.

HDD - change that to a WD black 7200 as primary or secondary. Or go with a SSD as primary C drive then any standard HDD at 7200 1TB or larger.

PSU - Good brand but you'll need at least a 550 watt if not larger.

GPU1 - is fine if you're going to be doing light gaming...if not then a GTX 1070 is preferred.

GPU2- not my cup of tea and an un-needed expense but if you're into that, that's fine.

OS - since this is a custom build....I go with the retail version and Pro. This way you can move your OS from system to system. With the OEM you wont. Once you install that OEM OS to your mobo/cpu....it's there for ever. They are "NON TRANSFERABLE".

Mobo - for suggested brand...I'm partial to Asus and Gigabyte. I've used both and both are solid mobo's.

Case - not fond of the mid tower series....I personally like the full towers. That said, make sure you case choice has enough room to fit your cpu cooler (height) and GPU (length) and that it will fit your mobo from factor (size of mobo) whether it be ex-ATX, ATX, mini ATX or micro ATX.

Two big oversights. First, you cannot have DDR3 memory with a Ryzen. Needs to be DDR4. After you pick a MB, use the compatible list to help you find which brands and models will work with that MB.

Second, if you are not going with a SSD, you need to go with a 7200rpm, not 5400rpm. The WD Blue should suffice.

I would also agree with a little more wattage for future proof reasons. 450w is on the low end (nvidia says 400w min for a 1060). Just in case you decide on a more powerful GPU in the future. Also, the 1060 makes a great gaming card, especially if you are staying with a 1080p monitor.

If you want, I can come up with a build when I have more time but that's what I noticed so far.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XPDbtg

I ran through a quick build. I did not verify that the ram will work with the MB, but it should. I chose a random case I knew was decent. I realize now that it doesn't allow for a DVD-RW drive, so consider that. I also did not include your capture card as I do not know anything about them. Also, if money is tight, you can use the stock cooler instead of the 212 especially if you're not planning on overclocking.

Keep in mind that you did not tell us your budget, that will help determine where money will need to be allocated if we are above budget. I hope this helps.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Sorry for not saying anything about the budget. I am open to anywhere between $1000 to $1200 worth of PC parts.

Hi make sure your motherboard is compatible with your CPU.
I suggest two highly recommendable CPUs for you.
MSI B350 Tomahawk and ASUS STRIX B350-F Gaming.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Sorry for not saying anything about the budget. I am open to anywhere between $1000 to $1200 worth of PC parts.
did you end getting this setup? personally I own a r5 1600, but chose to get a better cooler. I did not like the temps I have seen and was getting with the hyper 212.

Back