How can I access old email in Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseofcyn

XP crashed on a hard drive and I made it a slave in a different computer. All data is still there.

I need to: first of all FIND the old outlook 2000 email and contacts files...where they are I do not know... and then second...import the old files into the outlook 2000 on my c drive. Outlook lets you import Outlook express files, but not Outlook files?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

R u using WinXP ???
if so ->

On ur old hard drive there will b a directory " <Slave-Drive-letter> :\Documents and Settings\"User name that u were using"\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\" go 2 that directory and continue to click the folders until u reach "Outlook express"...

Open the outlook express folder and in there there will b several files that contain ur outlook messages!

If u want the messages from ur inbox copy the file "Inbox.dbx"...
Go to the directory " <New-Drive-letter> :\Documents and Settings\<"User name that u ARE using">\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\" go 2 that directory and continue to click the folders until u reach "Outlook express"

Do not do this if u want 2 keep the messages that u currenty have in outlook!!!

Paste the retrieved "inbox.dbx" into that folder. It will ask if u want 2 overwrite... click yes.

Sorry if this doesnt help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back