How can I change my boot order

hi !, i am running a system with intel core 2 duo processor and gigabyte motherboard. In my BIOS the first boot device is HDD, now i want to change that to CD/DVD, but i cant change them...

after entering Advanced BIOS settings -> Hard disk boot Priority [Press Enter]

but when i press enter it is showing the order, but those are disabled, i tried +, -, pu, pd but they didn't work. Does any one know the solution...?

You're looking at the wrong item. Go down one line until you see "First Boot Device." Change that to the appropriate CDROM device. You can also set the second and third boot device if you wish. What you are doing now is choosing which hard drive (and hard drives only) will boot ahead of the other hard drives. So if your hard drive is selected as the second boot device, this will tell the system which hard drive to look at first. That is, if you had more than one. If you only have one hard drive, that would be unnecessary.

You may also press F12 to temporarily change the boot order for that one time only without entering the BIOS.

i had tried that, my problem here is when i enter Advanced Boot Options

i see a list
Hard Disk Boot Priority [Press Enter]
First Boot Device XXXX
Second Boot device XXXX
and so on

but i cannot select the second line in the list, all the items there are disabled, except the first one i.e. Disk Priority option...

that F12 works for me, but i want to change the order itself...

If you haven't already, check to see if the optical drive's connections are securely attached. If the optical drive is IDE, make sure the jumper is set correctly (master, slave or cable select). If that doesn't help try a different optical drive if you have access to one. Any other optical drive will do for testing purposes.

thanks, but i got it solved...

thanks for the suggestion.

actual problem is that my BIOS got corrupted, when i was trying to set password, but i didn't notice that. But now i had resolved the problem.

i replaced it (mine is a dual BIOS motherboard).

thanks, but I got it solved...

thanks for the suggestion.

actual problem is that my BIOS got corrupted, when I was trying to set password, but I didn't notice that. But now I had resolved the problem.

I replaced it (mine is a dual BIOS motherboard).

I'm having the exact same problem. Can you describe how you fixed it, please?

Back